AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the early Sunday morning dial-in removed the 4K ad pause screens on all my units 3030, 3060, SS PV-HS2000. Anyone else?.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I noticed it this morning too. I was very pleased because I like to pause things to read what's on the screen (for instance, I paused a Pretender show to read the briefly-exposed document on who Jared's parents were--after the first two lines it said, "I don't know why I'm writing this, no one's going to read it." and then went on to describe the flunky's first experience swing dancing). Thus I have recently had to hit the exit button.

Now that poor idiot who said they were getting an exchange from Panasonic because their pause button no longer functioned will feel like even more of an idiot (if that is possible). Actually, I take that back. Idiots of that caliber lack the intelligence to realize that they are idiots ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
The "old" 4000 ad pause screen is now gone - but out of the 1/2 dozen times I paused today - one time it came up with an ad for the 4000 with a special code for existing replay owners for 100 off a new 4000.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quote:
The "old" 4000 ad pause screen is now gone - but out of the 1/2 dozen times I paused today - one time it came up with an ad for the 4000 with a special code for existing replay owners for 100 off a new 4000.
same thing happened with me, but it came up about everytime i paused.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I saw that new ad. It says you can use that code up until November *30*. That's good because I hope some people get it before then and can say how it is. I might be swayed to un-cancel my order if it gets good feedback. :)

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I have an RTV3060 and a 30hr Showstopper. I've noticed that is you hit EXIT after hitting PAUSE on the RTV3060 the pause icon goes away, but on the SS it sticks around.

Just one of those curious little differences between the two units.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Notice that the blue "exit" banner still appears and that occasionally another ps comes up. This makes me think they are rotating a number of pause screens, many of which didn't take for some reason, and they will likely fix this "problem" for us soon.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Well they are kinda random it's harder to see them now. Call me crazy but I like em! They look good on my screen... but all these folks jumpin outa their britches over these maybe should see a Tivo nag screen? (never pretty) or even better how about all the intrusive web tv stuff that was infesting the dishplayers? Worst of all was the times when "Dave" was gittin ancy and he fried legit subbed directtv cards and you really had to wait 96 hours with no satellite tv while they airmailed out a new one!! And then they always tried to charge and at the time I never knew why they were so accusatory towards me... but that one pause screen was a real bi*ch "invalid access card"?? Pressing exit or frame never made that one go away but the end of the world is a pristine image of a replay 4000.... hmmm

·
Registered
849 Posts
Ken, thanks for putting some perspective on the issue

:cool:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I finally got the net connect to work (btw unplugging the system did work I don't know why) so now I see the new pause screen. It seems like it comes up every third time I pause or so.

Also, the blue "exit" banner comes up when I pause a recorded show sometimes and no pause screen appears. That never used to happen. Sometimes nothing shows up except the " in the corner, which used to be the norm. -mk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, on my SS 2000 here, I went for a few days with no pause screen (ie: I pressed pause, all I got was the " and sometimes a "press exit..." too) but starting now (literally at 1am EST) I just got the new 4000 "nag screen". (the "exclusive offer for Replay customers" for $100 off and no payment 'till '02 that is valid on all except the 4040 until Nov 30....same one I got in a snail mail brochure last Friday.)

If I HAD $900 to spend, I would get it, but I don't and financed the $550 I spent on my current SS last year. I was recently laid off, so this is a terriable time for me to attempt to spend that kind of money (if I had it). I know every company tries to "aim" a product release for a certain time, but right now the economy doesn't permit many people to spend that kind of money. For anyone else who CAN afford it and end up buying it, good for you and enjoy it, but I have to settle with what I have now and hope nothing goes wrong with it [knock on wood] since I couldn't afford replacement parts. :( (This is also why I was one of the users who "hoped" they would have a trade-in option, since I have no money to spend on a new unit, I was not actually expecting them to provide that option. It was just a wish that I guess will not come true.....I will leave it at that.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.