AVS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
THE RETURN OF 3D SYNC VESA PORTS FOR 3D-RF GLASSES?

Announced almost a year ago, delayed to Fall 2019 it appears the Viewsonic X100-4K will be revealed this Spring or early Summer:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/3041606-2019-viewsonic-projectors-ces-2019-a-6.html#post59064112

AFAIK this will be the only DLP 4K front projector featuring a 3D Sync VESA port for 3D-RF glasses!

And IMHO I has a really cool casing :)

https://www.viewsonic.com/us/catalog/product_datasheet/view/key/x100-4k.html

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
THE RETURN OF 3D SYNC VESA PORTS FOR 3D-RF GLASSES?

Announced almost a year ago, delayed to Fall 2019 it appears the Viewsonic X100-4K will be revealed this Spring or early Summer:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/3041606-2019-viewsonic-projectors-ces-2019-a-6.html#post59064112

AFAIK this will be the only DLP 4K front projector featuring a 3D Sync VESA port for 3D-RF glasses!

And IMHO I has a really cool casing :)

https://www.viewsonic.com/us/catalog/product_datasheet/view/key/x100-4k.html
*EDIT

Sadly, I don’t think there is 3D VESA sync, looking at the QuickStart guide and the images, there is no sign of the port.

*Edit End

Great news, 3D VESA is the superior solution. Needs to have triple flash too.

I keep looking at 3 chip Sim2 Lumis eBay auctions, because the only change I’d make to my current 3D DLP is something that improved the rainbows.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Sadly, I don’t think there is 3D VESA sync, looking at the QuickStart guide and the images, there is no sign of the port.
I trusted the specifications in the data sheet, but upon closer examination of the access panel, I reluctantly agree that you are right. There's no input that would match the size of the 3D VESA port, since we have the HDMI sockets for scale reference. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
Can 3D suppport be added via a firmware update to a projector like the LG HU85LA?
Typically, firmware software can invoke 3D if the board level hardware is there to support it, but that isn't always true. It also creates a warranty problem for LG, that they might not want--the need to support 3D issues, which can be costly because people don't know how to get it to work and what is required--glasses, etc. gamma, brightness and image inversion are just some of the software issues, that are now aftermarket because the projector and instructions were not sold that way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey there AVS Community. There is no where else that I thought would be a better place for some advice than this forum! I'm looking at creating my own man cave/theater room in my basement and I'm an avid 3D fan (yes I know we are a dwindling breed unfortunately). I definitely do not need a top end projector but would like one that can handle 4k and HDR (for current and new releases), but still has 3D capability as I have a massive 3D library and enjoy this content even more than the 4k stuff that is put out now.

I'd preffer passive 3D as the active glasses are getting harder and harder to find and from what I've read there is less cross talk on passive sets and with 4k I should be able to still get 1080 to each eye.

My point in posting in here is that I would like ya'lls expert opinion on which models are the best for what I'm looking for? The wife will definitely limit my budget so I'm looking for a value buy.

Also I'm thinking 120 inch screen should do, but am open to different options here. I'm in the very beginning stages of the planning part!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey there AVS Community. There is no where else that I thought would be a better place for some advice than this forum! I'm looking at creating my own man cave/theater room in my basement and I'm an avid 3D fan (yes I know we are a dwindling breed unfortunately). I definitely do not need a top end projector but would like one that can handle 4k and HDR (for current and new releases), but still has 3D capability as I have a massive 3D library and enjoy this content even more than the 4k stuff that is put out now.

I'd preffer passive 3D as the active glasses are getting harder and harder to find and from what I've read there is less cross talk on passive sets and with 4k I should be able to still get 1080 to each eye.

My point in posting in here is that I would like ya'lls expert opinion on which models are the best for what I'm looking for? The wife will definitely limit my budget so I'm looking for a value buy.

Also I'm thinking 120 inch screen should do, but am open to different options here. I'm in the very beginning stages of the planning part!

Thanks in advance!
I don't think you can do passive without a huge investment and possibly two stacked projectors. Good news is you can still easily get active glasses if you know where to look, and you can get very little to virtually non-existent cross-talk in today's projectors.

For dlp I would suggest either the Benq tk850 or the Optoma uhd52alv/uhd51alv. The Optomas are pretty well praised for nearly 4k-like 3d, but at least one member said the tk850 is better for 3d due to much nicer motion. They both have white segments in their color wheels to boost brightness which really is needed in 3d. Being dlps they also have virtually zero cross-talk and ghosting. I believe the cheapest of those would be the refurb uhd51alv, but it has a bigger light border around the screen, which shouldn't be noticeable if you have a black border to hide it. The other two have a very small light border comparatively.

For lcd, I'd suggest an Epson 5040ub or 5050ub. Being a huge 3d fan myself, I purchased the 5040ub to try out for the added brightness in 3d. It is by far brighter than the dlps above (though those are pretty bright already). I was very worried about the cross-talk since I've tried past epsons and could not stand how much of it they had, and I was coming from two very clean-looking dlps. It was disappointing at first, but then dialing in the settings crosstalk is nearly gone and what little bit is there is offset by the excellent brightness. You can also do FI in 3d if desired which can be nice for certain media, though the native motion on a dlp is usually better. The blacks and color brightness are much better on these than basically any dlp, but the faux-4k isn't quite as good on these. The 5040ub has hdmi limitations wherein you can't do 4k 60hz for gaming and some streaming without certain workaround/compromises (doesn't affect 3d). The 5050ub doesn't have this limitation, but is much more expensive. There is a thread about the refurb 5040ub which seems to be one of the best values for a projector going today.

Reactions: bigdad56

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't think you can do passive without a huge investment and possibly two stacked projectors. Good news is you can still easily get active glasses if you know where to look, and you can get very little to virtually non-existent cross-talk in today's projectors.

For dlp I would suggest either the Benq tk850 or the Optoma uhd52alv/uhd51alv. The Optomas are pretty well praised for nearly 4k-like 3d, but at least one member said the tk850 is better for 3d due to much nicer motion. They both have white segments in their color wheels to boost brightness which really is needed in 3d. Being dlps they also have virtually zero cross-talk and ghosting. I believe the cheapest of those would be the refurb uhd51alv, but it has a bigger light border around the screen, which shouldn't be noticeable if you have a black border to hide it. The other two have a very small light border comparatively.

For lcd, I'd suggest an Epson 5040ub or 5050ub. Being a huge 3d fan myself, I purchased the 5040ub to try out for the added brightness in 3d. It is by far brighter than the dlps above (though those are pretty bright already). I was very worried about the cross-talk since I've tried past epsons and could not stand how much of it they had, and I was coming from two very clean-looking dlps. I was disappointing at first, but then dialing in the settings they are nearly gone and what little bit is there is offset by the excellent brightness. You can also do FI in 3d if desired which can be nice for certain media, though the native motion on a dlp is usually better. The blacks and color brightness are much better on these than basically any dlp, but the apparent resolution isn't quite as good on these. The 5040ub has hdmi limitations wherein you can't do 4k 60hz for gaming and some streaming without certain workaround/compromises (doesn't affect 3d). The 5050ub doesn't have this limitation, but is much more expensive. There is a thread about the refurb 5040ub which seems to be one of the best values for a projector going today.

This is awesome info, thank you so much for the advice. I'm going to go check out the refurb. I will be connect xbox/playstation to it so the 5040ub may not be the best in my situation then. I have heard good things about the Benq as well being a good value.

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is awesome info, thank you so much for the advice. I'm going to go check out the refurb. I will be connect xbox/playstation to it so the 5040ub may not be the best in my situation then. I have heard good things about the Benq as well being a good value.
Welcome. If you go with the 5040ub, you can either use an hdfury to play @4k 60hz while kicking the bit depth down I think (which may cause some banding). Or just play at 1080p, which on this pj upscales really well to look just about as good as the 4k implementation. Or 4k at a lower hz of course, but I would suggest the 1080p/60hz personally. It has really low lag too if that matters to you.

Higher lag on the dlps, but I've been hearing good things over on the tk850 thread in terms of gaming.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Copying from my post in another thread since it's relevant here. A couple of 1080p projectors are included as well fyi:

I went back to look at my notes for different projectors' brightness in 3d as measured by Chris Eberle who uses the same equipment and environment in for each one. There can always be slight variance between units of the same model and different setting of course can raise or lower brightness, but these should give a good idea for comparison. I posted all the pjs I checked so far and threw in black level and contrast for completeness, and because I'll probably be re-posting this a few times else where.

All setting are measured in 3d mode and are in nits and all info/opinions are from Chris Eberle @ hometheaterhifi.com (except my estimate of the tk850 w/ iris on):

tk850: peak white = 31.2 / black floor = .0677 / contrast ratio 460:1 (without bulb throttling/iris off- brilliant color, superb motion processing, great brightness and minimal crosstalk .04%)

tk850: peak white = 31.2 / black floor = .0251 / contrast ratio 1242:1 (without bulb throttling/my estimate of tk850 with iris on- brilliant color, superb motion processing, great brightness and minimal crosstalk .04%)

tk800: peak white = 41 / black floor = .1849 / contrast ratio 222:1 (gamma 2.4- very bright, detailed, zero crosstalk, poor black levels and contrast, lacks punch)

ht3550: peak white = 23 / black floor = .0152 / contrast ratio 1507:1 (lamp normal/Dynamic Iris on- very low crosstalk .04%)

ht5550: peak white = 13.2 / black floor = .0048 / contrast ratio 2767:1 (bulb normal/iris on- very low crosstalk .02%)

ht3050: peak white = 20.9 / black floor = .01679 / contrast ratio 1232:1 (smarteco-great motion resolution, just a little dim and blacks could be better, very detailed and great sense of depth, very low crosstalk .04%)

ht2050a: peak white = 25 / black floor = .0364 / contrast ratio 683:1 (contrast a bit lacking, decent brightness, good clarity, high motion resolution, very low crosstalk)

uhd51a: peak white = 22 / black floor = .096 / contrast ratio 224:1 (superb motion handling, rich and saturated colors, very low crosstalk .03%)

6040ub: peak white = 43.8 / black floor = .0096 / contrast ratio 4605:1 (3d cinema/bulb high- excellent color and contrast, "killer 3d" and "impression of depth is tremendous")

hc3700: peak white = 54.2 / black floor = .0223 / contrast ratio 2422:1 (bulb high/iris off- "high clarity, smooth motion processing and great contrast...excellent black levels....highest 3D output I’ve ever recorded....killer 3d")

Adding this for context:
Thanks for this work! This may be a dumb question, but do these figures imply that in 3D mode, the contrast ratio of TK850 is more than 3 times poorer than HT3550?
Not a dumb question. For how he measured it yes, that would be correct. However you'll notice that the ht3550 was measured with dynamic iris on and the tk850 was measured with it off. When he turned the iris from off to "fast" in 2d, the contrast increased by a factor of about 2.7 and the black floor decreased by the same. So adjusting for that and assuming the 3d changes about the same, you may expect closer to the numbers I estimated in the second tk850 line above (after he asked the question).Also, I don't think 3 times better contrast ratio is actually perceived as 3 times better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Copying from my post in another thread since it's relevant here. A couple of 1080p projectors are included as well fyi:

I went back to look at my notes for different projectors' brightness in 3d as measured by Chris Eberle who uses the same equipment and environment in for each one. There can always be slight variance between units of the same model and different setting of course can raise or lower brightness, but these should give a good idea for comparison. I posted all the pjs I checked so far and threw in black level and contrast for completeness, and because I'll probably be re-posting this a few times else where.

All setting are measured in 3d mode and are in nits and all info/opinions are from Chris Eberle @ hometheaterhifi.com (except my estimate of the tk850 w/ iris on):

tk850: peak white = 31.2 / black floor = .0677 / contrast ratio 460:1 (without bulb throttling/iris off- brilliant color, superb motion processing, great brightness and minimal crosstalk .04%)

tk850: peak white = 31.2 / black floor = .0251 / contrast ratio 1242:1 (with bulb throttling/my estimate of with iris on- brilliant color, superb motion processing, great brightness and minimal crosstalk .04%)

tk800: peak white = 41 / black floor = .1849 / contrast ratio 222:1 (gamma 2.4- very bright, detailed, zero crosstalk, poor black levels and contrast, lacks punch)

ht3550: peak white = 23 / black floor = .0152 / contrast ratio 1507:1 (lamp normal/Dynamic Iris on- very low crosstalk .04%)

ht5550: peak white = 13.2 / black floor = .0048 / contrast ratio 2767:1 (bulb normal/iris on- very low crosstalk .02%)

ht3050: peak white = 20.9 / black floor = .01679 / contrast ratio 1232:1 (smarteco-great motion resolution, just a little dim and blacks could be better, very detailed and great sense of depth, very low crosstalk .04%)

ht2050a: peak white = 25 / black floor = .0364 / contrast ratio 683:1 (contrast a bit lacking, decent brightness, good clarity, high motion resolution, very low crosstalk)

uhd51a: peak white = 22 / black floor = .096 / contrast ratio 224:1 (superb motion handling, rich and saturated colors, very low crosstalk .03%)

6040ub: peak white = 43.8 / black floor = .0096 / contrast ratio 4605:1 (3d cinema/bulb high- excellent color and contrast, "killer 3d" and "impression of depth is tremendous")

hc3700: peak white = 54.2 / black floor = .0223 / contrast ratio 2422:1 (bulb high/iris off- "high clarity, smooth motion processing and great contrast...excellent black levels....highest 3D output I’ve ever recorded....killer 3d")

Adding this for context:

Not a dumb question. For how he measured it yes, that would be correct. However you'll notice that the ht3550 was measured with dynamic iris on and the tk850 was measured with it off. When he turned the iris from off to "fast" in 2d, the contrast increased by a factor of about 2.7 and the black floor decreased by the same. So adjusting for that and assuming the 3d changes about the same, you may expect closer to the numbers I estimated in the second tk850 line above (after he asked the question).Also, I don't think 3 times better contrast ratio is actually perceived as 3 times better.

This is awesome! Thank you so much! We just closed on our new house and I should be starting the theater room hopefully in the next couple of weeks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is awesome! Thank you so much! We just closed on our new house and I should be starting the theater room hopefully in the next couple of weeks!
Glad to help and congratulations! Let us know how it goes and what pj you get if you remember :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not sure I can revive this thread or not but this seems to be only place to talk about the 4K Projectors with 3D and might help some that are looking for their next 3D projector. Over the weekend, I discovered that my Epson 5050ub was fully capable of 3D viewing even though I brushed it off in the beginning due to like everyone in here saying there is too much crosstalk and ghosting. I got this projector in February of this year knowing that it might not do well for 3D so I bought some cheap Samsung SGH-5100 3D glasses to give it a spin and surely enough, it was disappointing and there was always this constant flickering from the active 3D glasses. So therefore it was no go and it now became strictly for 2D viewing only.

But over the weekend, I updated firmware to the projector (supposedly it has increased brightness across all settings), optimized my picture settings, and also got some Xpand X105-RF-X1 glasses to see if they would be better than the Samsung and fired up my library of 3D movies and I was just blown away! The picture was bright, the 3D was glorious, no flickering, and very minimal crosstalk and ghosting (almost none for most contents.) I was in pure 3D heaven and this is coming from someone that has 65" Passive LG OLED set which is best 3D picture you can get at the moment. I have 150" scope screen and 3D on it surpasses my OLED TV just because of the sheer size... 3D becomes way more immersive than the what the TV could ever provide. This all started because for our movie nights, the content I had in 3D, the kids would forego 3D on my TV for the bigger screen on the projector. To them, it was lot more fun to watch it in 2D on the big screen than it is to watch 3D on the tiny TV. (Not sure you can call 65" TV tiny but that's what they think). I could not convince them at all and had to settle for 2D.

I believed that all active 3D glasses were the same at first but they are not. Since I only had a pair of Xpand, I let the kids have that and I used the Samsung to watch Madagascar 3 last night and it was pretty horrible for me but the kids didn't have any issues. So after the movie, I re-watched most of the scenes that the Samsung struggled with and I had no issues on the Xpand... it was that much better experience. Now I know that 3D glasses brand can have such a huge impact so I ordered actual OEM Epson glasses and couple more Xpand as well.

I have tried several DLP projectors in the past but I returned them all because of poor contrast and black level. 3D on them were okay but the DLP glasses really dim the picture more and they were not as bright and clear as my Epson. Not sure if different brand of DLP glasses can make a difference or not but I have been one of those that was looking for a projector that can match my 3D on my OLED for years and I am happy to say that I finally have something that actually surpasses it.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Not sure I can revive this thread or not but this seems to be only place to talk about the 4K Projectors with 3D and might help some that are looking for their next 3D projector. Over the weekend, I discovered that my Epson 5050ub was fully capable of 3D viewing even though I brushed it off in the beginning due to like everyone in here saying there is too much crosstalk and ghosting. I got this projector in February of this year knowing that it might not do well for 3D so I bought some cheap Samsung SGH-5100 3D glasses to give it a spin and surely enough, it was disappointing and there was always this constant flickering from the active 3D glasses. So therefore it was no go and it now became strictly for 2D viewing only.
I never used Samsung glasses, but I have Xpand, Epson and one other brand I forget the name of (6 pairs of glasses in total for a six seat home theater) and they all look more or less the same (some ghosting on some movies with almost none on others and the projector settings also make a difference; "low" 3D "lighting" (overall lighting doesn't matter other than fan noise and brightness level). I also found the dynamic color settings adjusted with brightness and saturation produced a picture in 3D that looked nearly as good as "high" brightness but in low brightness setting (lets me watch 3D movies without the high fan noise with 90% of the films). 3D depth is typically at +2 (the convergence point) I think for optimal 3D depth (puts the screen a couple of feet in front of the actual screen, giving more depth to films that only have depth and no "popouts") and the least possible crosstalk. There's still a few movies with crosstalk no matter what, though while others seem to have virtually none. I'm not sure why that is given some 3D TVs have no crosstalk no matter what. But then I've found they don't always have as much 3D effect either (e.g. Blade Runner 2049 gets a LOT of complaints that it's too mild and a waste of time, but it looks fantastically realistic for depth on my 92" screen and has a few popouts (snow at the end is the longest/most noticeable). I much prefer it in 3D (I've added Atmos and Auro-3D soundtracks to it and watch it off a hard drive on my Zidoo X9S as I do all my 3D Blu-Rays so I don't need to get the discs out).

·
Registered
207 Posts
I never used Samsung glasses, but I have Xpand, Epson and one other brand I forget the name of (6 pairs of glasses in total for a six seat home theater) and they all look more or less the same (some ghosting on some movies with almost none on others and the projector settings also make a difference; "low" 3D "lighting" (overall lighting doesn't matter other than fan noise and brightness level). I also found the dynamic color settings adjusted with brightness and saturation produced a picture in 3D that looked nearly as good as "high" brightness but in low brightness setting (lets me watch 3D movies without the high fan noise with 90% of the films). 3D depth is typically at +2 (the convergence point) I think for optimal 3D depth (puts the screen a couple of feet in front of the actual screen, giving more depth to films that only have depth and no "popouts") and the least possible crosstalk. There's still a few movies with crosstalk no matter what, though while others seem to have virtually none. I'm not sure why that is given some 3D TVs have no crosstalk no matter what. But then I've found they don't always have as much 3D effect either (e.g. Blade Runner 2049 gets a LOT of complaints that it's too mild and a waste of time, but it looks fantastically realistic for depth on my 92" screen and has a few popouts (snow at the end is the longest/most noticeable). I much prefer it in 3D (I've added Atmos and Auro-3D soundtracks to it and watch it off a hard drive on my Zidoo X9S as I do all my 3D Blu-Rays so I don't need to get the discs out).
Well... looks like you have been enjoying 3D for awhile on your projector which is great. By the way, even on my 65" LG OLED, I still get crosstalk and ghosting on some movies... I think that's inherent error on the content and not the display itself. I watched countless demos over the weekend including best of the best nwave movies such as Sammy and Thunder and it was just amazing on the Epson. I also have the Zidoo X9S as well to play 3D movies but not all. I have over 500 3D blu-ray movies and I think I only have watched half of them. Time to get busy it seems. I don't think my TV can match the sheer size of the projector screen... it's that much more immersive.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Well... looks like you have been enjoying 3D for awhile on your projector which is great. By the way, even on my 65" LG OLED, I still get crosstalk and ghosting on some movies... I think that's inherent error on the content and not the display itself. I watched countless demos over the weekend including best of the best nwave movies such as Sammy and Thunder and it was just amazing on the Epson. I also have the Zidoo X9S as well to play 3D movies but not all. I have over 500 3D blu-ray movies and I think I only have watched half of them. Time to get busy it seems. I don't think my TV can match the sheer size of the projector screen... it's that much more immersive.
I've got around 220 3D BD movies and there's probably at least 30 I haven't watched yet (and at least another 50 2D movies I haven't watched yet either plus loads more I've seen at the theater but haven't watched on home video). I buy things on sale and for 3D, while you can still get them. It takes awhile to watch them all, particularly when many moves are over 3 hours now and I'm getting less inclined to watch movies of that length, not more. I kind of miss when half the movies were only an hour and a half.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

But over the weekend, I updated firmware to the projector (supposedly it has increased brightness across all settings), optimized my picture settings, and also got some Xpand X105-RF-X1 glasses to see if they would be better than the Samsung and fired up my library of 3D movies and I was just blown away! The picture was bright, the 3D was glorious, no flickering, and very minimal crosstalk and ghosting (almost none for most contents.) I was in pure 3D heaven and this is coming from someone that has 65" Passive LG OLED set which is best 3D picture you can get at the moment. I have 150" scope screen and 3D on it surpasses my OLED TV just because of the sheer size... 3D becomes way more immersive than the what the TV could ever provide. This all started because for our movie nights, the content I had in 3D, the kids would forego 3D on my TV for the bigger screen on the projector. To them, it was lot more fun to watch it in 2D on the big screen than it is to watch 3D on the tiny TV. (Not sure you can call 65" TV tiny but that's what they think). I could not convince them at all and had to settle for 2D.

I believed that all active 3D glasses were the same at first but they are not. Since I only had a pair of Xpand, I let the kids have that and I used the Samsung to watch Madagascar 3 last night and it was pretty horrible for me but the kids didn't have any issues. So after the movie, I re-watched most of the scenes that the Samsung struggled with and I had no issues on the Xpand... it was that much better experience. Now I know that 3D glasses brand can have such a huge impact so I ordered actual OEM Epson glasses and couple more Xpand as well.

I have tried several DLP projectors in the past but I returned them all because of poor contrast and black level. 3D on them were okay but the DLP glasses really dim the picture more and they were not as bright and clear as my Epson. Not sure if different brand of DLP glasses can make a difference or not but I have been one of those that was looking for a projector that can match my 3D on my OLED for years and I am happy to say that I finally have something that actually surpasses it.
Several years ago, I discovered that the glasses make a HUGE difference. I have several pairs of Epson OEM glasses, but when one got some scratches, I bought a couple of pairs of decently reviewed non-OEM glasses. The experience was shocking. Major crosstalk on scenes where the OEM glasses had none. Since then, I only use the OEM glasses.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Several years ago, I discovered that the glasses make a HUGE difference. I have several pairs of Epson OEM glasses, but when one got some scratches, I bought a couple of pairs of decently reviewed non-OEM glasses. The experience was shocking. Major crosstalk on scenes where the OEM glasses had none. Since then, I only use the OEM glasses.

I believe the Xpand X105-RF-X1 will come as close as the Epsons. But because everyone says how great Epson is too, I went ahead and ordered a pair of them. I will compare the two and see which is better but for me, but Xpand has been great. I have now watched about 5 3D movies straight thru (not demoing) and I have to say, I'm in love with this setup now. 3D is so much fun and I really don't have any crosstalk or ghosting on the movies I watched lately... but just 3D bliss!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good information about the glasses anybody have a link to where OEM glasses can be purchased? Also I need suggestions on projector screens if anyone is knowledgeable on this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Panasonic PT-ae8000U died and, if I can’t find a repair shop, I’ll need a new 3d projector (which I’ll should probably buy anyway to maximize part/availability moving forward ). This thread is great but now I’m torn between the optima 51/52ALV, the BenQtk850 and the Epson 5050UB. Can anyone speak to:

1. Would any of these 3 provide a significant upgrade over that old Panasonic (especially brightness - yes, I know, the bane of 3d projectors)
2. General Part, repair and glasses availability going forward
3. any more expensive projectors (

321 - 340 of 372 Posts