AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4k questions receivers and tvs is there gonna be issues say if i buy a 4k tv and i buy yamaha 1040 receiver or whenever i buy a 4k tv?
if i buy yamaha 1040 receiver now and next year i buy 4k tv am i gonna run into problems? compatibility issues and etc ? i'm gonna be able to run 4k movies or tv shows through the receiver to the tv and will it be in 4k theres so many storys about this?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone was saying concerned with whether or not the receiver supports HDCP 2.2. Even with a future 4K source that uses HDCP 2.2, you could connect that source to the TV first and make a separate audio connection to the receiver. Is this true

·
Registered
125 Posts
Someone was saying concerned with whether or not the receiver supports HDCP 2.2. Even with a future 4K source that uses HDCP 2.2, you could connect that source to the TV first and make a separate audio connection to the receiver. Is this true
Yes, if the TV port is HDCP 2.2.

Both ends on the connection need to be HDCP 2.2 compliant.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah but how many HDCP 2.2 plugs or companys gonna put in these new receivers 1 or 2 etc becuase 4k is what 3 years away they dont have much 4k content
We are going to see. but Pioneer Elite already got their new VSX 45 and 90s for instance out there and I think there is more than just one port HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 full BW... Will see, this is just starting

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Yeah but how many HDCP 2.2 plugs or companys gonna put in these new receivers 1 or 2 etc becuase 4k is what 3 years away they dont have much 4k content
Varies with specific model.

UHD is not 3 years away. UHD blu-ray is coming out later this year and I would guess all new major motion picture releases will be available in UHD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts