AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use WD quick formatter to format 3 or 4TB WD external hard drives and Dune recognizes all the time. I have Seagate and Hitachi 4tb drives. When I use windows quick format, I see empty contents from Dune player. . I am wondering if anybody used any formatting command to make it work on 4tb Seagate and Hitachi drives.

Unfortunately,iIt seems WD quick formatter does not format Seagate or Hitaachi drives. It would help if there is any trick to be able to use this software on non WD drives.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Not sure if you found a solution yet but I have a couple of Seagate 4TB external hard drives and was also looking for a work around for this issue.

I found what appears to be a fix for non WD drives in another forum: You have to format the hard drive using the Dune player (NTFS). I have been transferring files to a new 4TB Seagate hard drive and so far there are no problems with my Dune H1.

Of course this is a major PITA if you already have a large number of files stored on a hard drive that you want to work with the Dune but it's the best fix I found so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts