AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to install a 5.1.4 surround sound system in a space that will double as a golf simulator area. The question is because there are vaulted ceilings and the area directly behind my 2nd row (which is the primary seats) has the stairs to reach that area and putting speakers right on the sides of the steps area may prove to be difficult as there is not much space there. Recommendations for where to put the Dolby Atmos speakers and the 2 surround ones? Note the center of the room is only about 9.5 ft. TIA!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I would suggest some Pro Audio speakers behind an AT screen, as you have a LONG viewing distance, and they can take the odd golfball hit without damage. The Behringer Eurolive B215XL are a common suggestion.
As for your surrounds, I would use in-walls just above seated ear-level in the lower vaulted section. In-ceiling Atmos speakers in the upper vauted section would be almost perfect. You could easily get a 9.1.4 setup with Front Wides (which would help out with your seating distance), depending on your budget.

Reactions: Randomize
1 - 3 of 3 Posts