AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just hooked everything up to my HTPC. Everything is working (Except FFDSHOW but im fixing it)/ There is one problem however. I am using the VIA drivers for the AV-710. I am also using the analog out from the card(6 different cables). Now here is the problem. The output is very quiet for movies. When I navigate in meedio the sound is pretty loud(that clicky noise), however once I start a movie in 5.1 I really have to turn the sound up on my reciever, sometimes even have to max it out just to recieve sound that is satisfactory to me. Before I would never even get past 50 percent.

Is there any reason why the AV-710 is outputing such low sound when the source is 5.1? Is there something I have to change in ac3filter to fix this or would it degrade the quiality? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Y are you going 5.1 analog out from the chaintech card --> Reciever for movies? You should use the TOSlink on the card --> reciever and let your reciever do the DTS/DD Decoding. You could do both, if you are also a gamer.

To answer your Q, check your volume levels on your sound card:

1> right click on the speaker icon on the taskbar

2> Open volume control

3> Verify your levels for Volume control and "Wave" are set up above 50%, but not 100%.. (i usually have mine set to around 75% for both)

·
Registered
754 Posts
I must say though that this chaintech card is very finicky. It was a bit of a hassle just to get this thing to output the raw PCM over the TosLink port!

I was able to finally figure it out with several different attempts, but once it is running it works great!

NOTE: I've just been playing DVD's on this machine.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the reason I am suing analog is because my reciever has only analaog inputs for 5.1 in addition all of my wav and sound levels are set at max, I am playing around with AC3 Filter now so that seems to be working. I increansed the gains a bit. Do you know if that will reducce the quality of the sound? Also should I normalize in ac3 filter?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok great. I just increased the gains and normalized and it sounds perfect. Now just one last question. Im not sure if I should start another thread or not but Ill try to get it answered here.

I do not have a subwoofer. I Read some documentation on AC3filter and Im a little confused.

I need to route the subwoofer channell, and all of the bass, to my front left, and right speakers. Since my surround and center speakers are satelites. Now how can I do this in AC3filter? Thanks...,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.