AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize for the elementary question, but I didn't know where else to turn. We are moving to a new house that has five speakers pre-wired in the living room (for front, center, and rear). There are also speakers in the master bedroom and on the patio. So I wanted to wire the living room for 5.1 and then use a speaker switch (one I got by Monster) to control the patio and master bedroom speakers so that I could turn them on or off independently. Unfortunately I noticed that the receiver I got (a Denon) only has speaker ports for 7.1. I'm used to seeing A/B options, but maybe that's old school now. I had planned to wire up the 5.1 (we don't need 7.1) to the A speakers and then wire the speaker switch to the B speakers, but the Denon didn't have that option. Do I need to get a receiver with A/B speaker outputs, or is there another way to make it work using the Denon? Thanks for any input!

Ryan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.