AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Logitech X-540 5.1 Audio System, it has the 3 jacks(green, black and yellow) I need to somehow make my PS3 use the 5.1 audio I want my PS3 to sound great but how can I make my PS3 output thru these? Can I stream it thru my PC and connect it thru Optical somehow I am clueless as what to do.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Sounds like you opted for the cheaper Logitech system. You need the Creative Decoder DDTS-100 and three RCA-to-minijacks to get the speakers to work.

The trouble is, the prices on that unit is above US$130, which for that price you can get a dedicated receiver with Dolby Digital and DTS, except with more power.
If you take either the Creative or the receiver route, understand that it is an interim solution.

The best option for the PS3 (or HDTV cable) is a 5.1/7.1 speaker system (not the ones used with computers) and a HDMI receiver.

fuad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where can I get the RCA to MiniJack connector?

The Creative Decoder DDTS-100 seems like it already has the 3 jacks I need to plug in my 5.1 system.

After my 5.1 system is plugged into the Creative Decoder DDTS-100 how would I get that to my PS3?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts

I read the diagram wrong since it's also pretty darn small. You don't need RCA-to-Minijacks. You can just use the minijacks hopefully supplied by Logitech. A minijack just looks like a earphone jack.

So connect the speaker to the Creative using the three cables. Then get a cheap optical feeding audio from the PS3 to the Creative.

fuad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.