Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

What would be the best way to get DD 5.1 from my htpc. Connect with a digital coax with my amp (Yamaha DSP-A2) and use it to decode the channels. Or should I connect the revo with my amp connecting the analog outputs on the revo with the analog inputs (for use with an external decoder) on my amp, using the revo as the decoder.

Would I be able to get DD 5.1 sound both ways? What do you think would get the best result?

//KeLLoGs

·
Registered
202 Posts
i would probably go with the S/PDIF connection. i don't think it'd be so much a problem of sound quality, i'd do it just to avoid headaches. then again, some people love to sit and fiddle with settings and play with drivers until everything works perfectly... i don't know that it would be that big a problem to get the Revo to do the decoding, but it's an idea that i'm throwing out there anyhow.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Either will give you 5.1 sound, assuming the DVD player you use can decode it (in the case you use the analog outs). It's really a question of where you want the control....your PC or your receiver. I have both connected, but use S/PDIF connection because I also have a coax audio connection from my cable box, so it makes sense to keep the HTPC setup that way also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.