AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'll try to be descriptive here.

My parents have built a new house (still not 100% complete). The Living Room is open to the kitchen area and has a "half" vaulted ceiling with exposed wood beams. Think fairly large area. He paid no account to where and how the A/V system would be best suited. The only thing we have come up with is putting that fine 52'' RPTV aka "the dinosaur" he bought back in 1999 in a corner but there is absolutely no "good" way or room to place any kind of decent mains beside the tv. When I think about it...there just doesn't seem to be any real rhyme or reason behind how he intends to position his surrounds in relationship to the main seating positions. Is there some kind of catercorner layout someone can direct me too? The furniture is more or less a broken up "L" shape configuration.

The center channel should be no problem...it will be mounted up high and pointed downwards towards the lessoning audience. I guess this is the most important factor for dialog synchronization.

My dad wants to mount the two fronts up high as well but I find that to be a mistake considering:

A. It will look like crap IMO

B. He wants to mount them too far apart Like 15 feet on diagonal (across from each other)

The Surround Left and Right would then have to be straight across (approx 15 feet maybe more) from each other on or near the beams pointed downwards ( I guess)

The sub shall be placed behind the tv in the corner (the only corner in the entire room with windows immediately on each side and on a wood floor.

I wish I had some pictures to explain this better...just wondering how important the viewing area is in relationship to how you hear and experience audio. This will be used almost exclusively for casual viewing...but they entertain guests all the time and I'm almost embarrassed for them at this point.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.