AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Have you seen an audiophile quality media player with 5.1 analogue outputs for connecting to a 5.1 amplifier. There used to be an old dune one many years ago, but the sound was not audiophile.

Have noticed some bluray players can do this, but reports of problems that some file types are incompatabile, no upmixing or down mixing capabilities.

What is the best way to go on this, is there a solution for playing back movies or music directly into a multichannel amplifier.

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi!

Have you seen an audiophile quality media player with 5.1 analogue outputs for connecting to a 5.1 amplifier. There used to be an old dune one many years ago, but the sound was not audiophile.

Have noticed some bluray players can do this, but reports of problems that some file types are incompatabile, no upmixing or down mixing capabilities.

What is the best way to go on this, is there a solution for playing back movies or music directly into a multichannel amplifier.

Thanks
You could use a network streamer like nvidia shield 2019 and combine it with a high end decoder, eg Yamaha CX-A5100/5200. Not sure if it's considered audiophile level of quality but I think these decoders employee high quality components.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
The key components that differentiate the normal stuff from high quality audiophile is the high quality DAC. I'm sure you can find plenty of those high end Pre Pros for that purpose for a few grands. Use any media player to feed it via HDMI.

Blue ray players with analog audio/video output are mostly dis-allowed now. Besides, you really don't expect them to have high quality DAC unless you buy those specialty brands. And they cost almost close to a Pre Pro.

Don't expect any cheap media players to have this quality. Those DAC chips are not cheap and require specially designed circuit board to keep a clean output signal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Looks like the bluray option is not the way to go,and i assume there are no media players with 5.1 analogue out you can think of. I have seen few nice looking high end zappiti units, but they only have stereo analogues.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Here's Paul of PS Audio, he sells thousand dollars pieces of 2-channels, can talk to you audiophile all day. Showing his home theater, uses a Marantz for signal processing and a few Emotiva power amps. If these are good enough for Paul, should be good enough for many people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts