AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a samsung bd-d6100 blu ray, a pioneer vsx-519v (5.1), and a samsung 55" led lcd 6500. The player is connected to the receivers bd/dvd hdmi input, and the tv is connected via the hdmi out on the receiver. My problem is that I don't get any surround with the blu ray. The player is set at PCM, and the receiver displays PCM. I know this must be a setting issue, but I tried setting the player on bitstream re-encode and there's just crazy static, I tried it on bitstream audiophile, but only crazy static. I have been all through every setting on the receiver that it let's me when it displays PCM, some settings are locked out, like the Dolby pl2 stuff and the manufacturer presets, etc. Anyway, is there a way i can maybe use the players coaxial out for audio and just bypass the video straight to the tv via hdmi?? Will the coaxial carry 5.1+ audio?? Please help, I know enough to get around, but not enough to order, if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
I'm not that up on HDMI stuff, but if you disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV to the receiver does it work properly then?

·
Registered
4,394 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
The player should be set for bitstream, not PCM.

I’ve seen issues before with friends’ systems where they couldn’t get good HDMI audio. You don’t have to run the HDMI straight to the TV. Just add a coax or optical digital audio feed from the blu-ray to the receiver. You might have to change a menu setting in the receiver to make it activate the digital connection.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Wayne! It works great, just a press of the signal select button and a digital coaxial cable and everything is good! Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts