AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I will make this really simple. - I want 5.1 from my pc through my AV amp, but the best i am getting is dolby pro logic 2 upmixed.

I own an arcam AVR280. With front/rear/centre and sub speakers. It is configured to accept 5.1 automaticly.

My pc is hooked up the amp, via my soundblaster XFi Extreme Music soundcard. It has a special 3.5mm socket which, when you plug the official soundblaster "digital module" (purchased seperatly) you are meant to get 5.1 through your amp (The module connects via a hi grade digital coax directly to an aux digital coax in on the back of the amp.)

However. I am not getting 5.1 at all. I have power dvd v8 ultra. and I use it to play my dvd's.

Now i have played around with this thing for a fortnight, gone through every setting on both amp and pc. The problem is, no one seems to have the same problem as me on any other forum. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawsaw382 /forum/post/14242444

Hi guys.

I will make this really simple. - I want 5.1 from my pc through my AV amp, but the best i am getting is dolby pro logic 2 upmixed.

I own an arcam AVR280. With front/rear/centre and sub speakers. It is configured to accept 5.1 automaticly.

My pc is hooked up the amp, via my soundblaster XFi Extreme Music soundcard. It has a special 3.5mm socket which, when you plug the official soundblaster "digital module" (purchased seperatly) you are meant to get 5.1 through your amp (The module connects via a hi grade digital coax directly to an aux digital coax in on the back of the amp.)

However. I am not getting 5.1 at all. I have power dvd v8 ultra. and I use it to play my dvd's.

Now i have played around with this thing for a fortnight, gone through every setting on both amp and pc. The problem is, no one seems to have the same problem as me on any other forum. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Don't know anything about the soundcard but if you are feeding a digital signal to the Arcam, it will automatically default to a digital 5.1 signal rather than ProLogic if it is seen at the input. Barring something being wrong with the Arcam, which is unlikely if everything else is working, it is something in the soundcard/pc settings. As soon as you get the feed correct, the Arcam will automatically switch over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts