AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a decent but cheap used dd, dts decoder say a denon or something that range, but I'm having a wicked hard time finding anything. Any leads or does anyone have one they'd like to sell. I've had the creative labs ddts-100 and sent that piece of crap packing within fifteen minutes. I'm running a m-audio revolution 7.1 directly into some powered referance monitors and the 5.1 fold out of the revo is killing me. Please help put me out of my suffering.:(

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
What do you mean by 5.1 fold out? I'm a bit lost, I have a Revo 5.1 and run it directly to a 5 channel power amp and atm I'm very disappointed with dd/dts decoding, but good news is around the corner in the form of the advanced audio pack included with TT2.0. I looked at that DDTS-100 and with a SNR of 80dB it makes for a disappointing alternative to the quality DACs on the Revo's. I almost opted to go for a cheap receiver but can't bring myself to do it... might have to just buy TT2.0 to get the audio decoder.

Cheers...

Duy-Khang Hoang

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well right now Im running a mac for my htpc witch is awesome for the video but nobody makes a software decoder for mac, so in my desperation for something close i've been using their "circle surround" that takes the stereo track and the prologic thats matrixed in and creates a 5.1 sound track but its not very convincing. Oh and Im running powered monitors so I've been trying to use the analog outs on the revolution instead of the dolby digital pass thru.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was looking for the same thing for my Mac. I gave up. In the end I just went with a revolution 7.1 with digital out to an Onkyo HTS 770 -- which I am very happy with now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.