AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have kind of a unique situation, the cabinet where I have my dvd & hd dvr (TW) is only 17" deep - hence my existing amps won't fit. However, my living room is right next store to my office, and I have 2 existing Rotel amps, one 3 channel and one 2 channel, so it is very easy to run lines from a processor unit in the cabinet to the amps in the office and back off to the speakers. Hence, I am looking for a shallow HT Processor with 5.1 support (at least) and HDMI 1080p switching. I'll settle for 1080i (i have a TH-50ph9uk plasma) switching if need be. And of course, I would love to spend less than $500 (I don't mind buying used). Any recommendations?

TIA

d-a-n-i-e-L

·
Registered
210 Posts
The new Marantz line is shallow. Marantz SR4001 receiver used as a pre-pro which includes HDMI 1080p switching. According to their website only 15 2/8 inches deep (I don't know why they wouldn't list it as 15 1/4?). MSRP is $550.

I think that is as close as you are going to get. I can't begin to think of a dedicated pre-pro at that price with HDMI and that is shallow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.