AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a decent 2nd room home theater receiver for under $350? Currently I have a Denon AVR-3300 with a Sony DVD, Directivo, and HTPC Computer all playing back on Paradigm Mini-Monitors, a CC-370 center, and a PW2200 Sub. I am moving this from my Family Room to my basement to use as a "Theater" for DVD movies, special events, etc.. I would then like to find a suitable everyday 5.1 setup for my Family Room. In the Family Room I already have in-ceiling Niles Audio Speakers and I will be installing in-wall Paradigm speakers for the front. I will only keep my Directivo and a new receiver (fill in the blank___) and I will probably use the TV as a center channel (is that recommended?). I will probably not run a sub because this will room will be more of an everyday-type viewing place and not really a "home theater" room.

I will need a receiver that can do 5.1 (because of my 5.1 shows on Tivo), has a few optical inputs (for Tivo and future components), video switching (I love that on my Denon), and 5-way binding posts.

Any good recommendations?

Thank you in advance...

Eric...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by neumanngroup
and I will probably use the TV as a center channel (is that recommended?).

Eric...
:eek: No!

You're better off just using the tv speakers and forgetting ht if you're gonna do that. The difference in sound quality will be dramatic between crappy tv speakers and Paradigm's real speakers.

Actually, you could use the "phantom mode" on the receiver and bypass the tv speakers entirely if you can't get a real center speaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.