AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Center channel is near my screen against front wall.(voiced well)

Does my front speakers also need to be next to the front wall, in line with the center channel, or can I pull them out a little, or a lot, and toe them in torwards the sitting position??

The Fronts speakers next to the front walls tends to be a little boomy.

(5.1 multi sound)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
What I've learned thru this forum is the front 3 should be in a slight arc....the main speakers be slightly ahead of the center.

This is how I have mine set up, with the mains toed in toward the center listening position.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh70 /forum/post/15436201

What I've learned thru this forum is the front 3 should be in a slight arc....the main speakers be slightly ahead of the center.

This is how I have mine set up, with the mains toed in toward the center listening position.

Agree, but depends on room size/conditions. But, for none-experts like us, this is a good rule of thumb. What I did at first was to sit on the sofa in the position where I will usually sit, then played a music CD in 2-Channel Mode and adjusted the main speakers until they dissapeared and had the best soundstage and sound. Then I played a DVD (The Incredibles) and adjusted the dB levels of the other speakers, and position of the center speaker. I have the advantage of having front ported speakers. After a few months I learned how to adjust the speakers using a dB meter, and readjusted using one. If your receiver has an EQ Mic read the instructions well and use it, these days most of those systems are fairly accurate.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh70 /forum/post/15436201

What would be considered a slight Arc?

1foot? More??

·
Premium Member
14,838 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Titus /forum/post/15480737

What would be considered a slight Arc?

1foot? More??

If you place them all the same distance from the listening position, this will naturally form a slight arc.

Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.