AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an XBOX 360, a Zotac HTPC, a FIOS receiver and a laptop all capable of HDMI outputs. I am looking for a soundbar because I want to hear the speech in the movies without constantly changing the volume.

Is there a soundbar out there that will let me do this? I really don't want to drop a fortune on a receiver.

·
Registered
144 Posts
HDMI carry both Audio and Video, why not use your TV as a HDMI switch to sound bar?

TV will process video and passing the audio to sound bar and that is how it's work for my system.

I really don't know there is any sound bar with 4 HDMI input. If there is any sound bar with 4 HDMI input, probably will cost a fortune, more than an AV receiver.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayWithFire /forum/post/20878850

My TV only had two HDMI inputs, and bad speakers. I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone by getting one device for HDMI switching and better sound

I don't know how much you willing to spend. Very hard to figure out with out knowing your budget.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL /forum/post/20878975

Yamaha YSP-4100 and YSP-5100 have 4 HDMI inputs. There are less expensive ones with 3.

YSP-4100 cost 1,400 bucks and YSP-5100 cost $1995

with this money i could get new HDTV and 5.1 system.

I don't think Thread Starter willing to spend this much money,

I may be wrong thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.