AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so im thinking of getting a 5.1 system and am really curious as to where exactly i would put the speakers in my room. I have drawn up a lame little picture that pretty much gives a good idea of what the problem is.

X marks the spot of the prime seating location

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump, could really use some help on this one as i am not buying the 5.1 system until i know it will work.

·
Registered
30,800 Posts
Tough. I would put the system on the left wall and the couch across the right wall with space behind to access the bathroom. That will permit you to have a symmetrical speaker arrangement with an option for 7.1/rear speakers behind, if you choose to expand.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly the wife isnt allowing that option as i already mentioned it and she doesnt want to go through all the work that would be involved(lots of stuff in this room that make it harder to move the couch, heating vents etc), just wants it as is lol.

·
Registered
30,800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty4321 /forum/post/18266756

Sadly the wife isnt allowing that option as i already mentioned it and she doesnt want to go through all the work that would be involved(lots of stuff in this room that make it harder to move the couch, heating vents etc), just wants it as is lol.

Too bad. I cannot imagine a satisfactory arrangement with these constraints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts