AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to find something that will allow me to connect up two 5.1 speaker systems through an A/B switch, but I don't even know what to search for.

What I'm looking to do is have a aux set of speakers outside for a outdoor theater powered off my main AVR which only has 7.1 out. So, I thought there may be some sort of A/B switch to do what I want, but it seems all the speaker switches work on a 2 channel source with many different "active" stereo speaker pairs. I was a 5.1 channel source with one active 5.1 outputs.

Has anyone else tried to do this? If so what did you do?

While I'm on the subject... any way to do this with chaining banana plugs? I've never figured out why banana plugs can be chained, but maybe this is why? I doubt it, but there's got to be a reason.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
Last time I did that, I just used 3 speaker selectors intended for 2 pairs each. If you wanted "automated" you can find them as well. But nobody makes a "5 pair" speaker switch they way you want one.

If you want "automated", look for RS 232 control.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.