AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to build a new home theater setup to go with my new 55 inch Vizio tv. Just purchased a Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH receiver and now I need to update my old HTIB Sony speakers and sub to a new 5.1 setup. I only have between $400 to $500 leftover to spend. Any recommendations on a speakers and sub to go with my receiver for this price range? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
You might have to go Polk Monitor 40 and CS2 fronts and use your current speakers for surrounds and buy yourself a budget subwoofer from Premier Acoustic, BIC, or Dayton. If budget allows, I suggest you buy the lower model sub at Elemental Design.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well currently I have all the speaker wire run inside the walls and have bookshelf speakers mounted to the walls. I could however pull the wire out and put a stand on either side of my tv console. So I guess I could go either way, but currently its the bookshelf type with a sub. My speakers right now are the ones that came in the Sony Home theater in a box. It was around $600 5-7 years ago. So im sure they arent great speakers, but have been ok for all these years. Just want to upgrade to something better now that I have the new pioneer elite receiver.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have the pioneer elite receiver yet (its on the way), but have read that its considered somewhat of a "bright" receiver and that I should avoid speakers like Klipsch that are also considered "bright". Im pretty new to all of this so any advise at all would be highly appreciated. I am going to mostly use this setup for watching blu-ray movies. I will listen to some music, but only 10 percent of the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts