AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an obutto ozone gaming chair and am considering a 5.1 speaker setup for it. I am planning on using a Marantz NR1403 AVR with Monoprice Premium 5.1 speaker package.

The speakers will be about 2.5 feet apart (left and right) and my head will be about 2.5 feet from the speakers. Is this distance too close to achieve good surround sound and accurate soundstage from the 5.1 speakers?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
For gaming specific set-ups I strongly suggest gaming headsets. I game at my desk on a gaming monitor and use Tritton AX720's and love them. Astro A40's are another great gaming headset

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How will you be mounting them? Although they're pretty small by HT standards, I think those speakers are still too big to be used for a gaming seat... a 5.1 gaming headphone/headset might work better for you.
I plan to mount them using the obutto 5.1 speaker mount (sorry, I have too low a post count to post links). So you are saying that they would not sound good since the distance is too close? How about smaller speakers like say the Logitech Z906?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For gaming specific set-ups I strongly suggest gaming headsets. I game at my desk on a gaming monitor and use Tritton AX720's and love them. Astro A40's are another great gaming headset
I was trying to get true surround sound using speakers rather than "simulated" surround sound like with headsets. Do you think I can still achieve surround sound with speakers at such a short distance (2-3 feet)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
X Rocker gaming chair with speakers

X Rocker gaming chair comes with the speakers and vibrations. So go with X Rocker.

Some of the best X Rocker gaming chair list below,

X Rocker 51259 Pro H3
X Rocker 5127401 Pedestal
X Rocker 5142201 Commander

Reference: 5 Best Gaming Chair with Speakers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts