AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll using this for primary music. The receiver will be connected to the PC for multimedia usage most of the time. (MP3 and gaming.....mostly).

I have the budget of around 150~200.

What is the best I can get?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Given your budget, I'd probably opt for used. The speaker budget barely gets you in the HTIB league. The XR55 is a bright receiver and most of the speakers in your budget range will be brighter speakers and tend to roll-off at 100Hz or so. So, this is my reason for suggesting used.

For example, look at the Infinity reference speakers being sold on eBay. They really come alive with the XR55. RS-1, RS-2, RS2000.1, RS2000.2, etc. are some suggested models for L/R or surrounds. Then, there's the CC-2 or CC-3 for the center. Trust me, I'd avoid brighter speakers with this receiver. The Infinity speakers didn't shine with my Elite receiver nor my H/K receiver, but with the Panny, they are great.

If you are going the eBay route on the Infinity speakers, just don't compete with my bidding - I'm looking for some more of these fine, budget-priced speakers myself. ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll definitely look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Any other options? opinions?

Edit: humm it looks they are all 2.1 or bookshelf speakers. I need one that does 5.1 so I can make a use of RX55's 5.1 channel support.

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
I'd opt for PC based speakers and eliminate the Panny from the equation. $150 to $200 is just too small a budget for anything decent.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeno
I'd opt for PC based speakers and eliminate the Panny from the equation. $150 to $200 is just too small a budget for anything decent.
Ok how about I increase the budgetfrom 200 to 400?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I changed my mind..

I decided to get 2.1 channel speakers in high quality.

Polk RTi6 sounds good?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Polk RTi6 sounds good?
Too bright. Seriously, I wouldn't pair those speakers with the Panasonic receiver.

Some great wisdom was posted while ago in one of the forums. The advice was to buy all neutral sounding components. That way, you're not trying to compensate for the sound issues with one component by changing others.

I think you might want to reconsider your platform. How about something from Denon instead of the Panasonic? Or, even a used receiver. Something from H/K? Then, your options for speakers would really open up.

I have nothing against the Panasonic. Heck, I own the XR55. But, I also have a pair of speakers that were dull when paired with my H/K receiver or even my Elite receiver that I sold off. With the Panny, they sing.

[Edit]: If you want 2 good speakers that will sound great with the Panasonic, head to eBay as I suggested before. There's a pair of 2000.3 Infinity speakers there. I'm sure they'll end up selling for less than 1/3 the price of a new pair of RTi6 speakers - and still stomp them when it comes to sound quality. Additionally, there's a pair of RS-2 Infinities on eBay, too. Both of these speakers have 6.5" woofers.

Just my .02

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje
Too bright. Seriously, I wouldn't pair those speakers with the Panasonic receiver.

Some great wisdom was posted while ago in one of the forums. The advice was to buy all neutral sounding components. That way, you're not trying to compensate for the sound issues with one component by changing others.

I think you might want to reconsider your platform. How about something from Denon instead of the Panasonic? Or, even a used receiver. Something from H/K? Then, your options for speakers would really open up.

I have nothing against the Panasonic. Heck, I own the XR55. But, I also have a pair of speakers that were dull when paired with my H/K receiver or even my Elite receiver that I sold off. With the Panny, they sing.

[Edit]: If you want 2 good speakers that will sound great with the Panasonic, head to eBay as I suggested before. There's a pair of 2000.3 Infinity speakers there. I'm sure they'll end up selling for less than 1/3 the price of a new pair of RTi6 speakers - and still stomp them when it comes to sound quality. Additionally, there's a pair of RS-2 Infinities on eBay, too. Both of these speakers have 6.5" woofers.

Just my .02

Humm it seems like it is kinda inapproriate to incorporate hifi gears with PC. Which of these setup sound better?

1.Creative Gigaworks S700 + M-Audio Revolution 7.1 sound card (connected with S/PDIF)

2. A pair of Inifinity 2000.1 speaker + Panasonic RX55 or HK 135

Which should you go for better musical performance?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.