AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on choosing a 5.1 speaker system to be powered from either the DENON AVR-2805 or AVR-3805 Dolby Digital, DTS & THX A/V Receivers. I would like to budget approximately USD $1500 for the 5.1 speaker system. The rear speakers must be in-wall type although traditional front bookshelf monitors, center channel, and subwoofer are ok. What are the top recommendations?

I am also curious what users of this site feel are the best USD $1000 (+/-) front bookshelf monitors that can be used for the above system and can be used for CD/SACD playback--they will also be used for DVD playback but the primary usage is for CD/SACD audio. Currently I am considering Mobile Fidelity OML-1 Bookshelf Monitors as the best in this category.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I would reccoment Swan 2.1 for your front bookshelf. I would get the blackcherry so they fit into your budget...They are on par with a $700 BnW speaker. I would also pick up the Center speaker from Swan the C3. Then toss in a pb10isd for your subwoofer. That will bring you to about $1000. What player will you be using to listen to the DVDa and SACD? By the way swans are available at theaudioinsider.com...These are great speakers!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.