AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's the deal, I own the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 speaker system aswell as the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Digital Decoder and I have this hooked up to my Playstation 2 through an optical cable. Well the problem is I am not getting 5.1 sound nomatter what settings I use on the Klipsch decoder, I have tested the speakers and they all work perfectly so that's not it. Sound is only coming from the two front left and right speakers aswell as the subwoofer, there is no sound at all coming from the center speaker or the two rear speakers.

Does anyone know what the problem is and if so how can I get 5.1 sound through my PS2?

I know that some games are not 5.1 capable, however I am also playing DVD's through my PS2 which I know have 5.1 capability. Also, on another note, when I have my Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 system hooked up to my computer I receiver perfect 5.1 sound, so I am totally clueless.

Please help!

Thanks

John

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
Maybe the PS2 player, like other DVD players, has a menu to set up the types of data you want to come from the digital output. It may be set for PCM, and if so, you need to set it for one like "AC-3 + PCM" or "Dolby Digital bitstream."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately the only sound option on the PS2 is being able to turn the optical output on or off :(.

·
Registered
113 Posts
there actually is a way to turn DD&DTS on and off. you need to put in a dvd - press display on the PS2 remote-scroll over to setup-scroll to the icon on the right, which is audio set up. there is where you turn them on and off. hope this works for ya.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.