AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently upgraded to Polk M70s for L/R ,CS2 for C and a PSW505 for the sub. I also got a STR-DN1000 that replaced a Pioneer VSX-1015TX. Now that i'm finishing up my theater room i'm thinking about adding 7.1 to really take advantage of the HD audio formats. I have right now a set of the 6-1/2 Inches Kevlar 2-Way In-Wall Speakers that i had installed before "fixing" the room that i had painted black and worked excellent. I was thinking of going all in wall speakers, for aesthetic purposes, so i ordered a pair of the 8 Inches Kevlar 2-Way In-Wall Speakers, still new in the box. Here's the dilemma:

Do i keep the 6.5s and order another set of 6.5 in ceilings?

Do i install the 8" speakers in the rear and install the 6.5 i have now in the ceiling?

Or do i install the 8" as rear speakers and order the 8" in celings?

I have a few other things to return to monoprice next week when they go back live so returning them isn't an issue. I appreciate any feedback!!

·
Registered
30,885 Posts
IF returning isn't an issue, then I would order another pair of the 8" speakers. Won't make a big difference, but will move a little more air than 6.5" speakers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess that's my main thing, is it really going to be a significant upgrade to move to the 8" speakers? It is a little bit more real estate on the wall too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts