·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a tx-nr1008 powering;

Kef iQ7 front's

iQ6 center

iQ5 surrounds

I can get a great deal on a set of Kef iQ10's. I was thinking on moving my iq5's to the side surrounds and putting the iQ10's for rear surrounds. Most of my listening is movies, games and tv. I do listen to music but it's not in the majority.

Will this setup be any good and do you recomend it?

Thanks

·
Registered
30,699 Posts
Depends on how close the side speakers will be to the listeners. If they are very close, then you might want to buy the iQ10 bookshelves and use them for side speakers (mounted a couple of feet above ear level to be less distracting). If they're going to be at least a few feet away, then it would be OK to use the iQ5 floorstanders as your side speakers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. I actually have a very oddly shaped room so my current setup right now doesn't allow me to place my iQ5''s in the best place. However if I switch those to the sides I was thinking of wall mounting the iQ10's closer to the ceiling on an angle. This would allow much better placement.

With this setup the iQ5's would be about 5-7 feet away when it's just me and my wife but only about 3 feet away from the closest listener when we have friends over which we do quite often. Our current setup only put's one of the iQ5's about that far now, which is why I was thinking that by adding the iQ10's I gain 7.1 plus a better setup.

What are your thought's? Will the iQ10's match my current setup, even if I use them for sides later, as we mover every couple of years?

·
Registered
30,699 Posts
The iQ10 speakers will match your other speakers (similar, if not the same, concentric driver). The larger speakers go lower into the bass range. Mounting them high up on the side walls (angled down) will work fine. That's how I've mounted my Q10 bookshelves (previous version of the iQ10).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks a lot. Looks like that's what my wife is getting me for christmas.
. Now can someone point me in the direction of good wall mounts for the iQ10's.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by saher_jeddah /forum/post/19560795

plz can i ask what you think in kef speakers and what about compeared by another brand like polk or paradigm or ma ??

I've never owned Paradigm but my father had polk audio in his home for as long as I can remember.

I absolutely love KEF and at this point wouldn't buy anything else. I defiantly like them more then polk. They are very clear and the part I like most is that when listening to movies you can't tell where the sound is coming from, it just fills the room.

There are a lot of hit an miss reviews but it seems to be mostly from people who own something else.

Sorry if this wasn't what you were looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts