AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ... So I have this crappy old Sony DAV-DZ640K Home Theater system that really only supports Dolby Digital, but thats all I need really (for now)

My setup is as follows:

PS3 Slim Sony 46EX720 HDTV Sony DAV-DZ640K Home Theater system with its own DVD Player ..

On my PS3 Slim, I use the 'Audio Detect' function, and it detects 5.1 Dolby Digital fine .. I now have a Dolby Channel Check VOB file, which I use to check whether the 5.1 is properly configured or not ...

The problem is that when I play this file on the PS3, the audio seems to be coming out of the wrong channels at times .. Like the front left audio also comes from the back right speaker, the front right audio also comes from the back left speaker, the back left speaker's sound comes from the back right speaker, and vica versa ...

However when I switch the TV to the Home Theater system's DVD Player (on HDMI Channel 1), and run a speaker test from the DVD player's built-in audio configuration utility, the sound seems to come out from the right speakers, without a doubt .. The test goes over every speaker individually, and the sound seems to be coming out right !

But then I switch back to my PS3 (HDMI Channel 3), and the same problem is there ... :/

So what can be the problem here ?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually it turns out my ears were playing some sort of a trick on me

Ratatouille Bluray has a video/audio tuning feature, which I used to determine if my speakers were outputting the audio correctly ... So I tried that from my PS3, and the audio seemed to be coming out from the correct speakers ...

I think it has something to do with my room's walls ... the audio 'reflects' off the back walls, making me feel as if the sound is something from the opposite direction :/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.