AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for Advice on what 5.2 Channel Receiver to get. Budget is set at $500 for the Receiver so it is Tight. I want a bare bones simple to use Receiver that puts out eh most power for under $500. I don't have to have Bluetooth, Dolby, Wi-Fi, App to Control it etc. Just a Simple but Powerful Receiver that has Decent Sound Clarity & Powerful Enough to Push Speakers like Klipsch R-620F?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Your requirements give you the ability to pick up extremely high end receivers dating back to about 2010 and that's exactly what I would do. Look for a good deal on top of the line Onkyo, Yamaha and Denon receivers that were very lightly used.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
@MadMaxNightRider since those klipsch are 96db you don't need much power. So if you want a good budget receiver that is new, the yammy tsr-700 or the denon s750 from costco are hard to beat for your budget.

Otherwise there is a popular site here that just sells refurbished gear. But again, with covid inventory and electronics parts shortages are causing those prices to be elevated. Hopefully temporarily.

Good luck!

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you are just looking to play a source "loud" you could look at less expensive pro audio gear like Crown amps. They can be found cheap used as well. If you need multiple inputs, just get a cheap preamp or source switch.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much. Really Appreciate the all the Help & Advice because I am a Newbie when it comes to Audio. I am Learning all I can from your advice!:unsure:

I have been looking on Adorama & on Ebay for Used Receivers, Floorstanding Speakers & Subs. I can save a lot of money if I buy Used but I want to be sure what I buy can be Returned just in case I have trouble with it or it doesn't work correctly. The Return Policy is most important to me because I don't want to get stuck with something that stops working after a year or so then I am out Hundreds of Dollars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts