AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely post here anymore but I cant help with the greatest day for hi-def one day away. I know many people have been passionate over hi-def for years on this board and Im more excited about tomorrow than the day i actually brought my hd-dvd and blu-ray players home! Wow we should see many hi-def player purchases because of the matrix and pirates. Not to mention 3 other marque titles coming out in the same week! Im like a kid on xmas eve right now. Going to make a midnight walmart run to try and snag these copies asap!

No im not worried the bd version of matrix will/could be better. Ive already resigned myself to the fact that i will most likely own both versions sooner or later. Tomorrow is the first day i can honestly say hi-def has arrived in full force!

·
Banned
766 Posts
I got the Matrix set today, and I have the say that I would be highlt surprised if they will look better on BR. They are very sharp and have a great detail to them. I just watched a few scenes from the 1st movie and it looks sharper and more detailed than the other 20+ HD movies I have. None of the softness that the 99% of other HD movies have. Now I just can't wait to see PoTC, once amazon sends it along with Apocalypto. HD heaven this week.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
dont have a hd-dvd player for matrix, and i only wanted the first movie. the lobby shootout should be amazing. hopefully warner gives this movie the specs it deserves: bd50, uncompressed audio.

on the 2nd movie i only liked the highway scenes and scenes with monica belluci. the neo vs smiths scene looked too fake (along with everything in revolutions).

·
Registered
880 Posts
Amazon shipped my POTC today, was going to try to get them early but they werent worth the extra $12 I would have to pay over amazon.

·
Banned
766 Posts
The lobby shootout looked and sounded absolutely amazing. The Neo dodging the bullets on the rooftop gave me the chills, I cranked that sucker up louder than ever on my lunch break. Perfect transfer in my book.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I've got a boatload of BDs/HD DVDs/Clothing coming from Amazon on Wednesday. No doubt this is the biggest high def week yet. My UPS guy isn't going to be too happy though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts