AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you buy a 5-4 multiswitch for use with the oval dish and the three LNB's separately???

I'd like to be able to have a place to plug in the Sat C LNB directly without having to use that splitter/combiner??

Thanks!!

- Cain

·
Super Moderator
19,500 Posts
Cain..

You have to use the combiner because it's more than a combiner. In a nutshell it blocks out non D* frequencies from the 119 bird and shifts the 110 transponders to those frequencies.

As of now, I don't think anyone makes a multiswitch with a built-in Sat-C combiner. Doubt they will. If things change with the 110 or the 119 satellites, it's easier and cheaper to replace that little combiner than a whole multiswitch.

Doc

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Doc.

I do recall seeing someone post a photo of the newest multi-switches that ship with the new Oval dishes; and it had a place to plug in the Sat C single LNB input.

I also did a quick search on Yahoo and found that a company named SIMA makes a 5/4 multiswitch, but I'm still looking for a terk or Channel Master multiswitch.

I agree it is probably easier for me to jsut get a Sat C Kit though..

Take care,

-- Cain

·
Registered
137 Posts
Some of you may be interested in this

Eagle Aspen S-5040Y-CE Multi Switch.

The Multi-Switch is built into the Plastic Y adaptor....Bolts & Nuts are included....Push all 3 LNBFs in place & bolt down....It is JUST THAT EASY....Works with the Sat C Kit.

Note: The combiner is also built in.

Picture can be found here: http://www.king-cart.com/store/Disco...S-5040Y-CE.jpg

I bought my Sat C Kit at www.18inch.com before I knew about this item.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Terks Oval dish I bought at Circuit City. It came with 2 LNB's and a built-in switching assy. When I bought the SatC LNB, it just plugged into the assembly (the F-59 connectors just have mating connectors internal so when you put it in the feed-arm it plugs itself in) and told my receiver I had 3 LNB's. Check signal strength on 8, 10, and 12 and everything was cool. Called Directv and they turned on ShowHighDef. Once you have it in you should be able to see channel 90, the triple sat test channel.

This dish is actually neat, nice and clean with output cables to run 4 boxes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.