AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1031Q projecting a little less than 120" diagonally (4:3). I have the picture looking quite good except that I can see the RGB lines. I'm feeding my projector 480p. It this a result of the screen size? I used 87" diagonally previously and it was still a bit noticeable. Granted my aspect ratio was a bit stretched vertically. Would running at a higher vertical resolution fix this? I know that pushing the 1031Q past 540p gets to be very dangerous. What do I do? Just settle for the smaller screen size? Throw the electronic or mechanical focus off a bit (ha, that's what you do if you have an LCD not a CRT!) or do I just get a G90 and run 1920p :D . I guess squeezing the picture would help but I noticed this on an anamorphic DVD and it must be really obvious with a widescreen DVD. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You're best bet without risking damagin the PJ is going to 16:9 and thereby reducing the distance between the lines. You could also try hand adjusting the ES magnets for a oblong focus to help reduce the lines as well.

As has been pointed out the 1031q is sync limited and pushing it could damage the PJ.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.