AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my pre-order email for the Emotiva UPA-7 amp so I went to the site and now I see the Emotiva LPA-1 has an incredible price tag.

UPA-7 is 125x7, the LPA-1 is 125x5 and 50x2. The UPA-7 is over $200 more still very NICE! but I actually only need 5 channels right now so I dont see any reason not too pull the trigger.

My only question now is there any other 5 channel amps that I dont know about going for under $500??

Im pretty sure this is hard to beat but you never know.

·
Registered
14,800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/14178262

I received my pre-order email for the Emotiva UPA-7 amp so I went to the site and now I see the Emotiva LPA-1 has an incredible price tag.

UPA-7 is 125x7, the LPA-1 is 125x5 and 50x2. The UPA-7 is over $200 more still very NICE! but I actually only need 5 channels right now so I dont see any reason not too pull the trigger.

My only question now is there any other 5 channel amps that I dont know about going for under $500??

Im pretty sure this is hard to beat but you never know.

penngray,

I would say there are no 5 channel amps (new) out there for $449.00 that has the build and sound quality of the LPA-1. I had one for a short while and thought for the money it was an excellent amp. The only reason I did not keep it was I got a great deal on a new Boston Acoustics A-7200 amp.

Bill

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
great deal on a new Boston Acoustics A-7200 amp.

Yeah, I had a chance to get one used for $700 recently and I missed out on it.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac /forum/post/14178369

penngray,

I would say there are no 5 channel amps (new) out there for $449.00 that has the build and sound quality of the LPA-1. I had one for a short while and thought for the money it was an excellent amp. The only reason I did not keep it was I got a great deal on a new Boston Acoustics A-7200 amp.

Bill

I got a great deal on an A7200 as well...

Where did you get yours?

·
Registered
14,800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzz /forum/post/14178541

I got a great deal on an A7200 as well...

Where did you get yours?

Hey Muzz,

I hope you are still enjoying your gently used A7200. I heard the previous owner regrets selling it
. At least it went to a fine home
. Hope all is well.

Bill

·
Registered
998 Posts
I am looking into purchasing a 5-7 channel amp and run all Boston Acoustic VR series speakers. I guess I should look into this A7200, as it sounds like a perfect match.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it seems the LPA-1 is out of stock now

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac /forum/post/14178796

Hey Muzz,

I hope you are still enjoying your gently used A7200. I heard the previous owner regrets selling it
. At least it went to a fine home
. Hope all is well.

Bill

Hey Bill,

Yeah I heard the previous owner had regrets as well, I actually felt a bit bad about it....

I just read that he got an ICE power amp though, and is loving life again, so I feel much better now.

Everything is going well here, very busy these days.

Hope all is well there as well!!

I think the OP should try and look used, many 5.1 bargains to be had out there.

m

·
Registered
14,800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1dude57 /forum/post/14178836

I am looking into purchasing a 5-7 channel amp and run all Boston Acoustic VR series speakers. I guess I should look into this A7200, as it sounds like a perfect match.

dude,

It is a great amp for sure. It is a clone of the Sherwood Newcastle A-965 which is also a great amp.

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts