AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was in rotel's website. I understand they have pre/pros which are 7.1 but they do not have 7 channel amps, only 5 and 2 channel amps. You can't use 5 channel amp and 7.1 pre/pro to get 7.1 sound can you? Unless you go with 2 channel and 5 channel amp, right? If thats the case, I hope rotel makes 7 channel amp.

·
Registered
352 Posts
They do, the Rotel RSX-1067 should be available soon. I think the MSRP is $2199, so be prepared to dig deep into your wallet. The Rotel RSX-1056 will be replacing the Rotel RSX-1055, or the model that's currently still on their website. I hear there are a lot of good deals for the older models at the moment. The RSX-1056 should retail for $1299.

I'd post the links I have saved, but I don't have enough total posts yet (5 post limit to discourage spammers). Search for both on Google.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
There are lots of 7 channel amps out there and more coming all the time. You don't have to use Rotel's amps with their processors.

Dsmith

·
Registered
289 Posts
Charm,

Absolutely correct - you need 7-channels of amplification to mate with a 7.1 processor and realize its full benefit. However, some (like me), have trouble shedding their two-channel music listening hobby :), and prefer having a high quality stereo amp mated with a five channel to handle home theater. Or maybe they may go with monoblocks :D.

Are the sonic benefits significant? Probably arguable, but I note a slight difference between my 2-channel dual mono Aragon 4004MkII and the newer Aragon 2005 I purchased recently to push movie soundtracks with.

Chris

·
Registered
7,822 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Quote:
You can't use 5 channel amp and 7.1 pre/pro to get 7.1 sound can you? Unless you go with 2 channel and 5 channel amp, right? If thats the case, I hope rotel makes 7 channel amp.
You're correct. I also share your hopes about 7 channel power amps in Rotel line.

Anyway, I highly recommend you the 120Watt x 5 RMB-1075 (unless you want the 1095 beast). I auditioned it together with my 3803 as pre/pro and the sound was more than awesome! (I drove the two back surround channels with the 3803). The 1075 is also very affordable.

Good luck!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't mind having the outlaw amp but its just that it doesn't look good on the outside like rotel would with rest of my equipment. I just don't like the green button thingy which makes it look cheap. Now if Outlaw can change the look to more like higher end components then I'd buy it. I also heard that Rotel is coming out with 7.1 receiver that isn't on their website yet so I might wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.