AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentally recorded over the Sopranos "The Strong, Silent Type" episode and need a copy for my collection. I have tried to get it via the transfer method, but I have never been able to get the full file via the internet without barfing.

Here's the deal, if someone is willing to send me this episode recorded at Medium or High quality, I will send them in return 5 blank Princo DVD-R disks.

I would like the raw unedited mpeg file (not VOB files) copied to a DVD-R disk or a Womble edited (split at a scene change) mpeg on 3 standard CD-Rs.

If you can help me out, please email me at [email protected] . Use the word "Sopranos" in the subject so I know it is not spam.

Thanks,

-- Mike --

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
On www.planetreplay.com a user "zimmy6996" has it and claims to have a 1.5 Mb upload speed (must be a T1 line). If you can get him to send it to you and it barfs then chances are there is something wrong on your end. There reason I say this is because I had someone send me a show that had a T1 line and I came back 3 hours later and it was done. If your broadband connection can't maintain a constant enough connection for less than 3 hours then something is up. Its worth a try.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
i've got it and i've sent enough shows to know the problem is not on my end...if you want to give it a shot PM me...only 128 kb/s upload cap though

recorded at medium off a pretty solid digital cable signal

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all!

I guy named Vic has promised to send it to me. I appreciate the responses.

As for the reason why it is barfing, I am not quite sure. It may be on my end, but I don't know. I have PacBell DSL and my connection is rock solid. I can d/l via DVArchieve without any problem. I have only tried to get it from one person. When the transfer started it ran for 16 hours (about 22%) and then died. It started again 2 days later and then died again after 4 hours. Could this be the every 2 day rebooting deal?

-- Mike --

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
being able to use dvarchive has nothing to do with being able to send/receive shows
Actually, you can send and receive shows via DVArchive across the internet just like you can with a 4XXX/5XXX. I'm not sure if that's what mkruss is talking about, but it can be done.

I prefer to actually use the Replay because once the connection is broken with a DVArchieve transfer you need to start from scratch. At least the Replay can re-establish connections and continue from where it left off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
being able to use dvarchive has nothing to do with being able to send/receive shows
I realize that, but what I was saying is that I have a solid network connection and since the internet sharing feature was able to start at all, there is not a port problem on my end. Could it be that either Replay is doing a scheduled reboot? Is that not really a problem at all?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mkruss
I realize that, but what I was saying is that I have a solid network connection and since the internet sharing feature was able to start at all, there is not a port problem on my end. Could it be that either Replay is doing a scheduled reboot? Is that not really a problem at all?
All you are really saying is you have a solid Intranet (internal) network connection. Just because you have that, doesn't mean your Internet (external) connection is good.

Even if the Replay reboots (which it shouldn't), it should pick the connection back up afterwards and continue transferring.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mkruss
...I have a solid network connection and since the internet sharing feature was able to start at all, there is not a port problem on my end...
ReplayTV sending via the Internet does NOT use the same port as DVArchive does internally. Internet sending uses the user defined port entered on the ReplayTV unit and it has to match up to the user defined settings entered into your firewall.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by punkerg1
Can I send a show from my 4504 to someone with dvarchive?
No, you'd need to offload the show from your 4504 to dvarchive first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.