AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

If I have a 5 LNB dish running to a HD DVR, can I use any two of the four coax lines coming out of the LNB? Or is there specific coax connections off the 5 LNB that I must use (if I understand correctly the 5 LNB actually has a multiswitch built in)?

I have 2 existing RG-6 coax lines from my current dual LNB that run to my SDTV DVR and I dont want to have to run any more coax lines if possible, but would like to upgrade to Directv HD DVR service.

Also, if the answer is any two coax lines off the 5 LNB will do, can I run those coax into a multiswitch (2x4) and feed another SDTV satellite receiver and the HD DVR off the outputs from the multiswitch?

Thank you,

Preston

·
Banned
8,246 Posts
You can use any of the 4 coax lines you want as there is a built in multiswitch.

You will need to run all four out to a WB68 multiswitch if you want to use a multiswitch with the new 5 lnb dish. You can run additional receivers from the output of the multiswitch - but again - it must be one of the newer multiswitches - the WB68 is the most common.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
All lines from the dish are effectively the same. A 2x or 3x multiswitch will not pass any satellite signals but the 101 bird's. All receivers downstream from a 2x or 3x need to be SD receivers only. An 8 output multiswitch for an HD receiver with a 5LNB dish needs to be a Zinwell WB68 to access all satellite positions and frequencies. It needs all 4 connections between it and the dish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.