AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Based on reports from people who've seen these displays at shows, I'd strongly vote for the 8G Pioneer. At 10 feet you should not see a different in resolution. But you'll definitely notice the higher contrast / deeper blacks of the Pioneer.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReD-BaRoN /forum/post/0

At this size and seating distance, would you go with the 8G Pio 768 panel or the Panny pz750u?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi /forum/post/0

Based on reports from people who've seen these displays at shows, I'd strongly vote for the 8G Pioneer. At 10 feet you should not see a different in resolution. But you'll definitely notice the higher contrast / deeper blacks of the Pioneer.

While there is no significant difference in resolution the overall picture rendered by these panels... remains to be seen.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by optivity /forum/post/0

While there is no significant difference in resolution the overall picture rendered by these panels... remains to be seen.

We can't directly compare those 2 plasmas in a shop yet. But the reports we've received from many people who have seen these plasmas at various shows have been pretty univocal.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
I'll wait to read some other member reports regarding how well these PDPs perform in the wild before deciding if Pioneer's premium is worth the higher price.

For the AVS enthusiasts who live in smAlbany NY, I doubt there will be a local B&M that displays the PZ750U or a Pio 8th generation PDP that we may compare for ourselves, which is kind of humorous when one considers companies such as International Sematech North are establishing their NanoFab headquarters in this region.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the answers folks. I do realize these aren't available yet, but I'm really having a hard time convincing my wife to wait to Sept. till all the Pios are out for a valid comparison.

And they really like to charge a premium for the Pios. Comparing the MSRPs of the Panny 50" 1080 750 ($4000) and the Pio 50" 1080 Elite ($6000) I'm finding hard to believe there will be that much of a difference between the two to justify spending the premium. That's why I have to step down to the Pio 768 to be in the same ballpark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.