AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i know i need to search only have 2 day to buy on sale

ok so my 2 yr old 42 samsung got blue fuzz and BB is giving me $799 for a new tv

so i have been looking at the 50 650and 550 price dif is like $200 650 being less

650 looks kind of dim they had a 450 and it was a lot brighter

but all in all which one do i get

o i do not have a blueray

but do have dish hd

so do i need 1080

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoviii /forum/post/15568538

ok so i know i need to search only have 2 day to buy on sale

ok so my 2 yr old 42 samsung got blue fuzz and BB is giving me $799 for a new tv

so i have been looking at the 50 650and 550 price dif is like $200 650 being less

650 looks kind of dim they had a 450 and it was a lot brighter

but all in all which one do i get

o i do not have a blueray

but do have dish hd

so do i need 1080

Which model do you currently have?

I saw the 50 and 58 650 today. That thing was whiter and brighter than the LCDs next to it
I liked it a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So the 650 it the cheaper option of the two? If this is the case definitely get the 650 because it has more inputs (+1 HDMI in rear, InfoLink) a better anti-glare coating and a swivel base, not to mention the ToC. I just got the 50a650 on Monday and it is SWEET!!!! The extra features the 650 offers are a nice step up, although from everything I have read the actual PQ and performance of the two sets is identical. The ToC is even MORE subtle than I had anticipated - it is nice (at least I like it) but seriously BARELY noticeable, not even close to the pictures of it you see online.

I'd say definitely get one of them, but if the 650 is actually cheaper it's a no-brainer. There is no way the 450 is brighter by the way, the settings must be off or something there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts