Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 http://emptek.com/e55ti_clearance.php

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...g/emptek-e55ti - review

Looks like the red burl is OOS, but they still have high gloss black ash. They really are beautiful for less that 200 a piece. And according to the audioholics review perform well for their price range.

I just bought a pair of jbl studio 180's on sale, or i'd have already purchased these babies. Anybody heard these guys and can give an idea if they're killer at this sale price?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
They sure look sexy. Too bad there is no way to audition them.

That said, you are making me go crazy. I just jumped in for a Def Tech setup, and then you come along and keep showing up awesome deals for less than my Def Tech setup.

·
Registered
28,724 Posts
They have the towers on sale in gloss black but the center and surrounds only in red burl. Funny how that works...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/21531348

They have the towers on sale in gloss black but the center and surrounds only in red burl. Funny how that works...

They do have the larger center in black, and it's probably the more appropriate match for those towers - at least, I believe that was stated in the Audioholics review of the E55Ti as the reason for EMP designing the larger center.

http://emptek.com/e56ci.php

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikoo /forum/post/21531295

They sure look sexy. Too bad there is no way to audition them.

That said, you are making me go crazy. I just jumped in for a Def Tech setup, and then you come along and keep showing up awesome deals for less than my Def Tech setup.

You know my pain.
These have the sexy looks, but the JBL's have a slightly more attractive price point. If my Jbl's weren't showing up tomorrow I'd probably cancel my order and go with these ones..

Edit: looks like the 10" sub is on clearance too for $187 , but again no idea how it performs..

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

Quote:
NOTE: This clearance, "B" stock, discontinued, or refurbished item features discounts from product's regular price. ALL SALES OF THIS ITEM ARE FINAL. Returns of clearance, "B" stock, discontinued, or refurbished items are allowed for warranty coverage only and are the only types of returns accepted. Please keep this in mind when purchasing this product.

Ouch...

·
Registered
28,724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermeslyre /forum/post/0

You know my pain.
These have the sexy looks, but the JBL's have a slightly more attractive price point. If my Jbl's weren't showing up tomorrow I'd probably cancel my order and go with these ones..

Edit: looks like the 10" sub is on clearance too for $187 , but again no idea how it performs..

Nice looking sub but only goes down to 35hz. Pretty lightweight too at 27lbs.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/21531826

Nice looking sub but only goes down to 35hz. Pretty lightweight too at 27lbs.

Debating whether to get this for my stereo listening system. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermeslyre /forum/post/21531381

You know my pain.

You're starting to venture out of the budget bang for the buck area. While nice, I don't think they'll match the value per dollar compared to the JBLs right now. Remember, I replaced $500/pair towers with the JBLs, and I like them better.

Put the money saved towards the best performing sub you can for your budget.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was looking at the JBL Studio 190's, Polk Monitor 70s and the e55ti's.

I can get 190's in 5.0 setup for $585(385 for the 190's) from www.wwstereo.com

the Polk's are up and down in price at the NewEgg

while these are quite tempting at $397.5

Tough call for me but I am leaning towards the e55ti's

·
Registered
123 Posts
These look pretty sick, I mite pick up a pair right now, are they new though? Also how do they compair to Monitor 70's?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just bought em!!!! IMPULSE!!!! AHH!!!

Feel like they should definetlely sound better than the polk monitor 70 series. I never really liked there smaller speaker line anyway

I am very Exited!

I'll post some pics when I get them in! : )

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 /forum/post/21605466

This is the E55ti review
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...g/emptek-e55ti

Apart from that review Audioholics also did an end of the year (2010) tower shootout on these guys as well. The e55ti's up against Axiom M60's, JBL ES80's and Klipsch Rf-62 towers. Including the sighted and non sighted test results, the E55ti's arguably won the shootout,

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...010-1k-faceoff

They are a great performer and an unbelievable value at this price point IMO. Just realize that this clearance sale is selling b-stcok, so some aesthetic flaws are to be expected. That said, if I could spare the expense right now I'd be all over this deal.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aestetics don't matter as much as the sound to me, so I wouldn't worry overmuch. If you need the speaker in perfect shape however, that's when you should worry. See above, b stock should be all cosmetic flaws, nothing affecting the sound or performance.

They still carry the full manufactures warranty as well.

1 - 20 of 425 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.