AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my new Epson TW100 projector installation I will likely need to use a component, s-video, and composite video cable run of 50 feet.

Does anybody have any recommendations of cable brand that would be the best for this longer run application and be economical as well.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sean

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. That was one I was considering. Does anyone have anymore suggestions?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
For component, I had a cable custom made from 3 lengths of RG62 coax, terminated in RCA connectors. It was done by my local AV store for A$80, so its a good cheap option and the picture is awesome.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Why wouldn't you just build your own, its simple with RG6 quad shielded cable. And its much less expensive than buying them. Go to partsexpress.com for the goods. Brian

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I used to work for a company who made machine tools that required 30'+ vga cables for a remote workstation. We used to build them from good quality cable with triple internal coax runs, some internal cores and an outer screen. It was tricky not to get interference, but that was in an environement with arc welders and high voltage AC servo motors, so it should be as bad in your home (hopefully!)

From memory the cable was intended for robotics, for running optical encoders.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Another vote for a2zcables.com. I just bought a 25 ft. component video cable for my TW100. They use high quality Belden 75 ohm coax cable mated with impedance matched Canare connectors. Bluejeanscable.com is also worth taking a look.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have over 30 of them in a lab, I bought them from B&H and they are 5 in one RGBVH with BNC's for around $50. All you need is BNC to RCA tips.

Artur

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.