Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I reading this right?

At OrbitSat they list the Sony at $250 w/o mention of a Sony $200 rebate.
http://www.orbitsat.com/cyberstore/p...sp?PID=SAT-W60

At AmericanSatellite they list the Sony at $299 with a link for a sony $200 rebate, thus $99 after rebate.
http://www.americansatellite.com/pro...2C039&ITEM=435

If the rebate is applied to the OrbitSat purchase that would make the price after rebate $50. I do not see a mention of the rebate at there site though.

I am looking to get one for my father for Fathers Day. He is already a sub. Can I purchase and give as a gift or does the purchaser have to be the one to activate?

·
Registered
31 Posts
According to the Sony $200 rebate coupon I printed, the rebate ended on 5/31/02. I clicked on the link on American Satellite's web site for the Sony Rebate and it is the same one. Looks like they just havent updated their site yet.

Doug

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a shame about the rebeat. :(

Does anyone know about buying a system and giving it as a gift? Does it matter if the purchaser is not going to be the one to activate?

·
Registered
171 Posts
When I bought my 2 extra UTVs at CC I had to put down a credit card number in case I didn't stay subscribed a full year (my contract). I would presume that you could go to CC and buy one, signing the contract and using your credit card number, and then give it to your father as long as he promises to fulfill the agreement and add it to his DirecTV contract. Of course this is conjecture, but at least you could contact CC and ask them the same question. Last of all, read the fine print CAREFULLY. I am probably going to lose one of my rebates due to the salesman reading the fine print and assuring me I would get all the rebates promised. Once I filled out the rebates and scrutinized the rebates, I found that two of them conflicted. I sent everything in anyway, hoping, but have only received notice on one rebate.

Overall I still think it was a very good deal. The CC performance guarantee has come in very handy and worthwhile as well since I have one of them go whacky on me last week. I called CC and they are expressing me a new one without any issues. At first they were even going to send a technician out to my house (pretty good!) but I assured them that since my other UTVs were fine, I was sure the whacky one was the bad one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mini-Dishes.com currently has Sony UTV units on ebay for $249.50 with the $200.00 rebate from Sony. The item says that anyone that purchases this item will get an Mini-dishes.com invoice dated 5/31 for purposes of the rebate. I'm sure it would work, it just depends on how moral you want to be.

Jeff

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just have to respond to this, since someone may not read that the other problem was resolved, as it was a mistake on Sony's part.

Also, mini-dishes has no 12 month commitment agreement on their page. They say you have to activate it, but not for any length of time.

Keith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.