AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does the 50" XBR Grand Wega cost more than the HS10 LCD projector? I mean 50" compared to 100" is not the answer. Is the overall picture quality better in the RPTV? If I reduced the HS10 image to 50" would it look as good?

Sorry for so amny questions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

I own the Sony HS10 and love it. But I would have to say that the Wega is dearer as it is a complete assembly and all in one package. The Wega will also give you lots of viewing pleasure in daylight conditions.

As for picture quality.....hmmm???? don't know??? which is best. I wanted the 50" Wega but simply needed a LARGER screen.

regards,

Richard

CLUBVX

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Personally I'e always liked the image quality of the Grand Wega's. It's similar out of the box to the Hs10, but with the HS10 you can do more tweaking via screens, filters, etc.

I was in an AV store this weekend and was struck by how much better my HS10 looked than the GW's on display. If they were calibrated, it would be somewhat closer, but a properly setup Hs10 should still trounce it.

As Richard says, what you're getting with the GW is the ability to watch without regard to a light controlled room. But lets face it, watching a 133" screen isn't the same as watching a 50" either. I sure couldn't shell out the bucks (or even half) for a GW after having an HS10.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.