AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been surfing these boards for a couple of days trying to get insight from a Newbies perspective. I have approx. a $6000.00 budget and I'm trying to decide between a Pioneer 5040 or 5045 or a higher quality 42" or 43" like a Fijitsu, Hitachi,Panasonic or Pioneer. There are just so many choices! I've seen the Pioneers and Panasonics (I prefer the Pioneers) but the Hitachi has peaked my curiosity based on some reviews I found online (Not seen in person). In addition, I can get a decent deal locally on the Fujitsu 42 but I'd be giving up screen size for possible higher quality? I'm not sure. Your opinions and thoughts are valued and welcomed. I look forward to your replies!!

· Banned
18,829 Posts
Hard to answer that question for you as each Plasma as a different personality. I would say that the current Fujitsus are cheap because they are the last year model. New ones are coming with improved processing. Given how much you are willing to spend, it makes no sense to buy the last year model.

As to your size question, there have been threads on this so do a search.

In general, you will find most people in this forum a fan of the Pannasonic. The latest generation is the 7U series.

Amir

· Registered
304 Posts
Since I went through this decision myself recently let me tell the things

that helped me make up my mind.

1. Size of room. 50" needs a little more distance due to the size of the pixels.

2. Several have regreted getting 42" screens but almost none have regreted 50" screen

3. Cost difference is a small fraction of the total sum.

4. Not being videophile the image the tier 1-2 manufacturers get on their 50" screens was more than acceptable to me.

That being said this can only be your desicion and preference. Resist the salesmen when they tout one over the other.

Try to see comparable 42" & 50" screens side to side. When I saw a Sony HD 42" 7 50" side to side in HD there was no competition. The 50" had a window on the wall effect while the 42" had a much less pronouced presence. Even my wife agreed we should wait to get a 50"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.