AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems there are a new crop of 50" LEDs that are hitting the market now. (I don't recall there ever being one at 50" before)

So im specifically looking for a 50" LED right now because I need to fit it into a space that is 45" wide. So the current crop are just slightly under 45" wide. I don't care about smart features or 3D.

Right now I am looking at the 50" Samsung LED - 1080p - 120Hz - UN50EH6000FXZA LINK

This is brand new and I briefly looked at it today at Best Buy. One issue is it only has 2 HDMI inputs. Design wise it looks very good for the money. Problem is trying to do a critical picture evaluation on it at best buy in the open store with the store feed is impossible. I mean do I have to bring my own bluray player in?

Also the Toshiba - 50" Class / LED / 1080p / 120Hz / UN50EH6000FXZA LINK This has been out for a while and the biggest complaints I could fine were the motion(I saw a user comment they had to take it back because of sports and this review said there was some motion judder http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/toshiba-50l5200u-review/

There also the pricier Samsung 50" UN50ES6900FXZA which has 3D.I haven't seen it yet but its way more then I want to spend.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Samsung also has a 50" version of the LED ES6500 series thats lower priced than their custom ES6900 series - has 3D and Smart TV features for under $1300 I believe.

Best deal at amazon with free shipping.

The cheaper EH6000 is a thicker panel and only 2 HDMI ports, while the ES models are thinner and have 3HDMI plus extra features.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes I see what you're talking about. ES6500 is within price range....but now I see the width is exactly 45" which I don't know if that would fit. I need to put the tv between two walls in a corner and its exactly 45" lol. I would have to go to the store and measure it to make sure regardless.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
If the 50" is a bit too wide for you, then you could drop down to the 46" size and save some money with the UN46ES6500.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not sure if im want to go to a 46"....man 50" would look so awsome if I could get it in the space but if there isn't anything at 50" then I guess I'll have to settle...though really didn't want to especially If the 50EH6000 can provide a decent picture.

So its down to the

50EH6000

Pros - Cheap

Cons - New unit without many reviews, 2 HDMI inputs

ES6500

Pros - A lot of reviews indicating good picture and reliability

Cons - Might be too wide for me

UN46ES6500

Pros - A lot of reviews indicating good picture and reliability

Cons - Smaller size

Quick question do they sell Plasmas at 46"? or just 42"?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Plasmas are usually 42" then 50" and up. I don't remember seeing a 46" plasma, but then I'm not a big plasma fan soooo...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim  /t/1418734/50-led-recommendations#post_22192219

Plasmas are usually 42" then 50" and up. I don't remember seeing a 46" plasma, but then I'm not a big plasma fan soooo...

Thats what I thought. Personally I would get a plasma in a heart beat if I could fit a 50" in my space.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbleboyjones  /t/1418734/50-led-recommendations#post_22192151

Quick question do they sell Plasmas at 46"? or just 42"?
Panasonic used to make 46" plasmas but stopped this year.

They also have stopped making 42" sizes in all but the very low end models this year.

If you could find a 2011 model there might be a 46" but they weren't as common as the 42" and 50" sizes anyway.

But the new 2012 Panasonic 50" plasmas have a cabinet about the same size as the 46" models from a few years back anyway.

The Samsung ES LED models are thinner and even smaller bezel than the plasmas though, also quite a bit lighter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts