AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Ive decided its time for a bigger plasma, and I was looking at the venerable 503CMX that everyone here likes. However, on the website there is a LG Electronics 60 inch panel for only $2000 more. its a 1280x720 vs the 1280x768 on the Pioneer, so slightly less resolution on H and V. What do you think? Is it enough to have a negative effect on PQ if the 2 were side by side? Would you get the bigger panel if you had the choice, or stick with the higher pixels-per-inch of the 503CMX?

Bob

·
Registered
698 Posts
Why do you thing the lg is only $2000 more??????Think about it.The pq of the lucky goldstar is not that good!I''ve seen the 42" model and the pq was really bad(lots of artifacts).I can't imagine the 60" would be any better.This plasma is also made in korea....inline with the sampo.Get the 503 and dont look back.bm

·
Super Moderator
21,492 Posts
check this out- it may help you decide

considering the Fujistsu is considered the top 60" plasma available (better than the LG ):

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...18#post1583518

I want to get a 60 as well but will wait a while longer: stick with the 503

Mark

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You confirmed what I've been thinking. The price is so much lower than other 60 inch panels, there is probably a reason. I dont want to be stuck looking at a picture im not happy with, even if it is 60". Its like people with very loud but acoustically sloppy subs in their cars.

thanks.

bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.