AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems over the last day that the 50PHD6UY has started showing up on several online retailers. According to those sites, this is shipping in the next day or two, depending on the site. This is a surprise, since I didn't think the new Panny 50" were going to be out until October. I guess I'd set myself up to expect the worst, Oct 31.

Is is possible that I can see this TV before October? Are my eyes playing tricks on me since I've been waiting on this thing with much anticipation? Can I get confirmation that I'm not dreaming?

Assuming these dates are valid, when should I start looking for reviews? I made the rounds at all chain B&M shops around here, and obviously nobody had this actual model. The consensus at those stores seemed to suggest they wouldn't be getting this model in house for a while.

I've seen the new 42" Panny EDTV and I liked the picture, so is it safe to assume I'll love the new 50" HDTV even more? I'd hate to pay that much money for a TV I've never seen, but it doesn't seem to me that it is a huge risk considering how much I like the 42" version. Besides, the previous iteration (5UY) seemed to be well received. Is there any reason to think the 6UY won't surpass the previous edition?

There's also the risk of spontaneous combustion if I don't make some progress towards getting a new TV in my house.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Tech-law, do you see a substantial difference between the 50"6UY and the 50"5UY?

Are the colors in the 50"6UY now competitive with the Pioneer 50's?

BDKincy, the stores probably won't have the consumer version till Oct for us to see. We have to let people like Tech-lay be our eyes and ears!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tech-Law
I received mine last week. Great unit.
You sure you didn't think he meant the 42" 6UY? Didn't think the 50's were shipping yet and have yet to see any review of the new 50's...if you got one, its the first.

elvis

·
Registered
12 Posts
i ordered the 50 inch 6uy for a great price without ever seeing the picture thru Lisa. That was a first for me, since i've always in the past demoed audio gear relentlessly before buying. mine is supposed to ship at the end of this week for delivery next week, though i don't have a 5uy to compare with at home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered this baby today through Lisa as well. It wasn't so much the great sales job from the above poster as it was the spontaneous combustion risks. Having never seen the picture I'm amazingly comfortable that the search is over. Now comes the wait...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Blocktrader
Me too. Except Lisa wasn't around so I spoke to Brian.Hopefully we see these units early next week.
Sorry blocktrader--I was in the bathroom ordering plasma units/beer/office supplies. :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lee3
i ordered the 50 inch 6uy for a great price without ever seeing the picture thru Lisa.
Do you mean Leeza? Or does Lisa really improve the PQ if you see it through her? Oh you wouldn't know you never saw it through her.

Hmmm, that sounded funnier in my head.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm just very excited about the new 50! As a point of reference, we purchased a "third-generation" Panasonic 42" plasma three years ago, and it was around $7,000 -- and that was after scouting the Internet for the best deal! Earlier this year we picked up a 37" "fifth generation" for $3,700, and now I see that they're under $3K!

Time to replace that 42! :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Im so happy!!! It's time for a Plasma Song...

lisa::singing:::::ANTICIPATION

We can never know about the days to come

But we think about them anyway

And I know your Panasonic 50 will be with you a few days from now

I will be sending out tracking later on tooodayyyyy

Anticipation, Anticipation

Is making me late

Is keeping me waiting

And tomorrow we might not be together

Because I know, you will be setting up your Panny In A FEW DAYS..

So I'll try to see the shocked look in your eyes right now-cause the panasonic fairy has landed~~ yeahhhh

SOOOoo stay right here, 'cause these are the good old PANNY days.

STAY TUNED!!!

PS)Divvy-- your a bad boy :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yes Superman..they are!! :);)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Great price Lisa let the 50" PRICE WARS BEGIN. REVIEWS SOON PLEASE :)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
lisa, is the DVI card available for that yet? and, is it HDCP? i thoguht i read on here somewhere that the panny DVI cards STILL srent HDCP. am i wrong? if i am, ill take 50 lashes from a wet trout!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lee3
got my email moments ago. shipped, and should be here in a few days. thanks, lisa.
Will be waiting for your review. I know HD will be spectacular. Hopefully you or somebody can enlighten me on how that baby handles SD cable. Fujitsu seems to have gotten that part right as well...will the new Panny?

Hey, I gotta know.

thanks,

elvis

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.