AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is better choice, pioneer elite 50 or the panasonic...also, would it be wise to purchase a plasma off of one of those internet sites?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Did you try searching through the archives? There's a Pioneer vs Panasonic thread started just about every week. Also, there are numerous threads about internet purchases.

If you don't want to bother searching, read the Panasonic and 2005 Pioneer FAQs. The Panasonic FAQ is a sticky, the Pioneer FAQ is on the first page of the (popular) 2005 Pioneer plasmas thread.

Good luck! You won't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
While you're poking around in the many threads re: Pio vs. Panny, keep in mind that both manufacturers put out top-quality products, and the decision as to which is better will, in the end, rest with you. In other words, the answer to your question depends a lot on your personal preferences.

I strongly encourage you to get out to a few stores which carry both displays and simply stare at the different models for a while. If you're lucky, you might find a store that has the Pio Elites & Pannys side-by-side.

Ross

·
Registered
447 Posts
jcascio44,

I suggest waiting till Sept. when the 6th Gen Pio's hit the market and then go to your local B&M and use the Mark 1 Eyeball to compare them to the 8th Gen Panny's.

In the end, it all comes down to what looks best to you.

Take Care,

Richard

·
Registered
190 Posts
go to a magnolia store in certain best buy stores and see them both in stock. But since u ask I say pioneer hands down, there deep cell structure makes there screens alot better then pannys and because of that if u watch a fast acton movie, you will notice alot more artifacts on the panasonic (which isnt a good thing), and dont let them say its the scaler inside the tv about the artifacts.

·
Vendor
27,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross in Toronto
While you're poking around in the many threads re: Pio vs. Panny, keep in mind that both manufacturers put out top-quality products, and the decision as to which is better will, in the end, rest with you. In other words, the answer to your question depends a lot on your personal preferences.
I agree. Panasonic and Pioneer make an excellent product.

I know you will find plenty of places online with the Pioneer "Elite" products but there are no internet authorized dealers. So you will not get the rebate nor a warranty. The elite have to be bought from a B & M if you want any factory support.

·
Registered
190 Posts
tv authority is an online authorized pioneer dealer

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunnerman
tv authority is an online authorized pioneer dealer
Pioneer, or Pioneer Elite? I dunno about the US, but in Canada Elite and non-Elite are licensed separately. When I was comparing the Pioneers to Panasonics a while ago, quite a few stores in Toronto carried the 50x0 series of displays, but flat-out told me that they aren't licensed carry Elite. I had to go to more "boutique-y" places to get my eyeballs on those.

Ross

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
I don't think TVA is licensed to carry the Elite models (based on absence of them on their website).

6th Ave Electronics is, and that's where I intend to check out the 6th gen Pioneer Elites. I hope that they will have Sony SXRD RPTVs there, too.

But I am really waiting for an official word from Rich Harkness on these displays...:)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Pioneer does not allow Elites to be sold online. They much be purchased offline. If you do happen to find one online, Pioneer will not honor the warranty if you have troubles.

All this info is in the pioneer threads...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
You can still order them remotely. Before I found out BB was opening a Magnolia here in Anchorage, I called a Seattle Magnolia and was told they would be happy to sell over the phone and ship to Alaska.

·
Vendor
27,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrisik
You can still order them remotely. Before I found out BB was opening a Magnolia here in Anchorage, I called a Seattle Magnolia and was told they would be happy to sell over the phone and ship to Alaska.
There was a time, I am not sure if it is still current were Pioneer "Elite" products are also sold by regions. A B & M can only sell to a client within 200 miles. To play it safe call 1-800-Pioneer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.