Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I tried searching the forum but got no solid answer. I have to suggest a couple models to a client this afternoon. He is going to want 50" and HDCP... and within a month. On the low end I was going to suggest the consumer 50" panasonic that you can buy at compusa, but it doesn't pass 720p and just upconverts it. On the high end I was going to suggest the new fujitsu 50" or the fujitsu alis 50".

I would like to recommend the TH-50PHD6UY, but is there a HDCP DVI blade readily available?

Should I recommend the new Pioneer Elite?

He was planning on spending $7500... so I'm sure he won't go for the Fujitsu.

Thanks,

Bob C

·
23,039 Posts
Quote:
but it doesn't pass 720p and just upconverts it.
Do you mean 1280x720 -> 1366x768 or 720P->1080i ? Or 1280x720 -> 1280x768?

IIRC, there isn't a 50" plasma that is 1280x720 (720P) native.

Most, if not all, new 50" plasmas have some way to get DVI/HDCP or HDMI input.

Also, the new Fujitsu eAlis is 55" and close to twice his budget. :) Getting a P50/10

(late 2002 model) is not out of the question.

larry

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a TH-50PHD6UY and a DVI blade. I did not have any trouble getting the blade. Do dogpile.com search or shopping.com search for the part number and you can find one. Got mine from Visualapex.com.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I meant 720p programming. The panny consumer model takes a 720p signal and upconverts to 1080i... or it doesn't even take a 720p signal... i don't remember.

The TH-50PHD6UY sounds like a good deal. I know there is a DVI blade now available, but the question is is this blade HDCP, and if not will there ever be one?

Bob C

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks,

Looks like we posted at the same time :)

I was initially confused by the DVI blade model #. I figured it would have a 50 in it and not a 42.

Bob C

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So my only other concern (and I know it's not a big deal) is if this panny is 10-bit? I've been following a recent fujitsu thread, and all their new models this year are 10-bit, while their previous models were 8-bit.

I don't think its a big deal because every fujitsu i've seen has looked gorgeous.

So what is the panny?

Bob C

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.