AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The best one to buy is the one that looks best to your eyes, has the options you want, and within your price range.

Those questions or traits can only be answered by you alone. If you do your homework you'll zero in on the answer.

·
Registered
826 Posts
fujitsu is a local only product. It does indeed depend upon your budget. I do see alot of interested on the Pioneer PDP-5050HD since there is a $500 mail in rebate on that model for another 2 months, and the Panasonic recent TH-50PX500U model. Those have by far the best feedback from customer along with inquiries on. There is alot of connections on the Pioneer suchs as Dual HDMI, PC, 3 component/composite/s-video. The Panasonic people seem to like it since its not the stripped down model like the 50U series.

Have you had the chance to see these models in person in your local stores?

Also, what do you plan on hooking up to it?

Best Regards and good luck on your research. I'm sure you will make a great choice!

Cambryn

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
I think a little research would do you well here. Investigate which panel suits you best and buy just a monitor. Then add a standalone box like a DVDO iscan hd+. And a standalone atsc tuner and I believe you would be set.

·
Registered
447 Posts
jcascio44,

I have been in the market for a 50" Plasma for a while now. I have been reading these forums for several months and going to B&Ms to look at the Plasmas. The two Plasmas that have really impressed me are the:

Panny TH-50PX500U (Great blacks, but the colors do not quite pop out as I would like) and gets a luke warm WAF.

Pio PDP-5050HD (Great colors that pop out at you, but the blacks do not come close to the Panny.) but it gets a high WAF.

I have been waiting for the 6th Gen Pio's to hit the market, I would really like to see the new PDP-5060HD. It sounds like it is going to give the Blacks the Panny has along with the eye popping colors you have come to expect from the Pio's.

In the end the best thing you can do is go to you local B&M and use the old Mark 1 Eyeball to see what looks best to you.

Take Care,

Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.