AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking delivery of my GWII in about three hours, can I just hook a dvd player, right up, or do I have to let it sit for awhile jut plug in.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Plug it in and watch, unless it's been sitting in extreme cold. If it's winter and very, very cold, I'm afraid you should let it sit for a few hours to warm up to house temperature and for condensation from the warm house air to evaporate.

Turn it on and keep it on for 80 hours straight (unfortunately, I misread the remote control and turned mine off and on a few times until I got it right). This is for 2 reasons:

1. It appears that long initial burning of the bulb increases the life expectancy of the bulb.

2. An ISF on this forum said that the color of the bulb stabilizes after 80 hours, at which point your color/hue, etc., tweakings should be stable until you replace the bulb. However you tweak the color and hue, brightness, etc., the day you get your TV will likely have to be refined a bit again after 80 hours due to the bulb settling down to a stable output.

Since burn-in isn't an issue with the Sony GW XBR or the Samsung HLM/DLP TVs, you can safely leave it on all day and all night on any channel and in any wide mode.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks eweiss, I don't think I will have a probably leaving it on for 80 hours, I guess i will just have to play Vice City for 80 hours for umm ... scientific reasons.

but seriously thank you, and yes i am NY and it is about 20 degress out, so I will just let it sit for awhile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.